Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

What is the truth about Safri contracr

EDP says 2 year option exercised by both parties.

EEN says extension was at the clubs option see below comment

"Had we not exercised the two-year option then Youssef would have been free to leave us in the summer,” said City chief executive Neil Doncaster".

Who is right?  Would you have extended your contract currently?

Is this on the way to being a "Worthy and the club are rubbish" thread.

Worthington signs a player that everyone thinks is good - even though he had never played higher than Coventry and seems to have an inability to play more than 50% of the games.

The club then say they want to keep him and exercise the 2 year option that they are eligible to do.

Surely that is a good thing?Or do we have to question everything negatively? 

I am looking forward to Saturday when once again everything will be Fleming''s fault.....like the good old days.

I cant see how the club could legally unilaterally extend the contract - I am sure it must be a mutual  thing otherwise there must be some sort of constraint of trade implications but I too would like some clarity.

My initial understanding was that the club felt it should offer the extention and Safri has agreed to it and signed the deal on offer - any one know?

OTBC

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I cant see how the club could legally unilaterally extend the contract - I am sure it must be a mutual  thing otherwise there must be some sort of constraint of trade implications but I too would like some clarity.

My initial understanding was that the club felt it should offer the extention and Safri has agreed to it and signed the deal on offer - any one know?

OTBC

[/quote]

It is common for contracts to contain an option for a further period.  At the signing of the contract, the player agrees to let the club extend the contract if it wishes.

How it works is that the original contract will contain a clause permitting one or both parties to extend the contract by giving notice. There may be conditions which must be met before the option can exercised such as a pay increase or that the team is in the Premiership but subject to the meeting of any conditions, the extension is automatic.  Normally there will be some additional payment in respect of the option to make it legally watertight. 

In that sense, the agreement of the player at the time of extension is not needed.  He must have agreed to the option when signing the contract in the first place though.   I haven''t been able to check but I think Helveg''s contract was for two years with a futher one year option.  That was,I believe an either way option.

It suits the club to have a suck it and see approach and avoids the Bogarde type long term contract tie in whilst protecting the club against Bosman leavers.

Surely the fact that Saf is quoted as being pleased with the extension etc means that he has agreed to it and/or is happy with it?

Unless we distrust the spin machine that much of course...!

the truth is that the club and Safri have agreed a new contract. What more is there to it? Why do we have about 10 threads a week saying "whats the truth". Does nobody trust the club at all?

The sad thing is that some fans do not WANT to see anything good in the manager or the board!  When this was anounced the reaction from everyone SHOULD have been (GOOD NEWS!, WELL DONE THE BOARD/WORTHY! , GOOD OLD SAFF! good to know he wants to stay!! ) It should not be "what is the truth about safri contract!!! 

Think we should be thanking Saf, when 99% of players in his situation would have buggered off to Feyenoord, he''s remained loyal to the club. If only all the players were as passionate about the club

Safri has not only agreed to stay but he has made it clear the players, the club AND ABOVE ALL THE FANS are the reasons - JUST BE BLOODY WELL PLEASED ABOUT THIS AND CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIM AND THE CLUB! Stop bloody moaning, whinging or trying to put spin on it - some of you are worse than the club.  If Safri leaves because the team falls apart then so be it,  but for now take it as an early Christmas present.

Pete,

To read even this as a negative, just shows how much of a witchhunt you are on. He is a very good midfielder who was signed (by Worthington I might add) and proven to be very much worth the money. He has said that he likes it here, he likes the fans and the players at the club. Yes the team is underperforming and Worthington needs to shape up or ship out but, just what is the point of turning this piece of news into an accusation that everyone at the club from the board to the players are dishonest liars? It just doesn''t make sense to me! At the worst it seems as though this could be a mild piece of spin designed to lift moral before a tough Christmas schedule. What is wrong with that!     

good old youssef.. lets have a nother 35 yard screamer on saturday!

this is great news! and surely one of the Xmas presents all city fans were hoping for!

jas :)

I agree that it''s good news for one of two reasons:

1. He is committed to playing for NCFC.

2. We can get a bigger fee for him if he decides to move on.

The sceptic in me thinks the club

have invoked the contract extension option for reason no. 2 but I would

be happy to be proved wrong!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

good old youssef.. lets have a nother 35 yard screamer on saturday!

this is great news! and surely one of the Xmas presents all city fans were hoping for!

[/quote]

Nice one Jas. Good to see not all the Worthy out camp put a negative spin on everything.

Safri strikes me as an honest, eloquent man. I''ve no reason to doubt

anything in his statement and what he says about the fans is true.

Safri is one of our best players, by some way, he is now on record as saying that he is very happy at the club, and is totally committed to it.  Now i want to see him play, week in - week out, to the high standard he has set himself, with no more talk of leaving or international tournaments etc. etc. As someone said on an earlier post.. a lovely 35 yarder into the top corner to seal a rare win would be such a tonic!  

Ramadan doesnt effect Safri.

Neither does it effect Talib el Kakouri or Ben Haim at tottenham.. their bodies are conditioned for it and for playing Football.... remember.. they just fast over Daylight hours.. and as the British winter is darker longer then they can be up before the sun rises and eat.. and can eat around 4pm.... it presents little problem.

I have a friend who is Muslim who plays a lot of basketball... he takes part in ramadan, he is no where near as fit as a prfoessional footballer but he is up early to eat, then fasts during the day, then eats again in the evening and it doesnt affect his game at all