He should stay. Our status at the end of the PL season won’t depend on him, it’ll depend on whether Pukki and whomever is his backup scored enough goals. So I suggest we focus on that question - who’s our number 2 striker? 

• Like 1

I think the Wilbraham analogy is a good one. Although I think he's rather a better footballer. Keep him.

Not good enough to lead the line in the Chump so we need to look elsewhere. So he scored against Cardiff but otherwise I'd forgotten we had him. Not what we need in a Prem squad. Harsh but that's where we are now. Loan him out possibly but no way should he be in the 1st team squad.

20 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Busy day at the office yet again i see hoggy. Blimey i am retried with spades of time on my hands but having a job keeping up with you these last few weeks on here and other internet forums.

Anyway my initial response to watching him play was that he was very limited in several aspects of his game hence the Sloughbottom Park reference and in my opinion nothing much has changed at all and if you think he justifies a squad place next season as we look to secure a footing in The Premiership i most certainly do not.

What other internet forums do you 'keep up with me' on?

Srbeny is another one who got hardly any game time in the Championship, but some feel Farke will do a complete 360 on and think he'll get regular Premier League football. As it stands, he is currently our second choice striker - if that's still the case in August I'll be a bit worried.

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

What other internet forums do you 'keep up with me' on?

Football Facebook pages concerning Norwich City.

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Football Facebook pages concerning Norwich City.

Good to know. I'll reference you more often.

I think that Srbeny should stay as he was only 25 last month. I feel that he is still unproven at Championship level though, simply because unfortunately he got very little game time last season due to the form of Pukki.

As a result of this I think we need to:

• Sign another striker, whether it be on loan or a permanent deal 
  • Play Srbeny as 1st choice for the cup
  • Send youngster Adam Idah out on loan - look what those loan spells for Aarons, Godfrey, and Maddison did to them in recent years

Not for me. The Championship itself was a big step up from the level of football he had played before and he didnt look right for even that level. I dont think we can afford to carry players in our squad, especially non home-grown ones.

Sell or release for me. Which leaves us with only Pukki up front.

Plenty of opportunity for recruitment.

Morris I dont think would be able to make any impression on the Premier League, though he is home-grown. Id look to loan Morris to a Championship side where he is likely to get a good run of games and review his progress at the end of that season. Idah is an interesting one. Again will qualify as homegrown. Probably needs regular men's football, but might also benefit from trainig and being around the first team with the occasional few minutes here and there. But certainly not ready to be any more than 4th choice IMO.

So for me we need two new strikers

17 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Not for me. The Championship itself was a big step up from the level of football he had played before and he didnt look right for even that level. I dont think we can afford to carry players in our squad, especially non home-grown ones.

Sell or release for me. Which leaves us with only Pukki up front.

Plenty of opportunity for recruitment.

Morris I dont think would be able to make any impression on the Premier League, though he is home-grown. Id look to loan Morris to a Championship side where he is likely to get a good run of games and review his progress at the end of that season. Idah is an interesting one. Again will qualify as homegrown. Probably needs regular men's football, but might also benefit from trainig and being around the first team with the occasional few minutes here and there. But certainly not ready to be any more than 4th choice IMO.

So for me we need two new strikers

Morris has already gone on loan to rotherham next season

I'd keep Idah around next season in the u23...maybe give him a run in the league cup but also remember , should we choose to accept the invite, the U23's involvement in the Checkatrade trophy.

Idah could be the man to fire us to Wembley glory !!

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Morris has already gone on loan to rotherham next season

I'd keep Idah around next season in the u23...maybe give him a run in the league cup but also remember , should we choose to accept the invite, the U23's involvement in the Checkatrade trophy.

Idah could be the man to fire us to Wembley glory !!

Yes, now that you mention it I remember reading that about Morris. Should get games at that level, but really should be at Championship level IMO. He needs to be showing sufficient progress in order to prove he has a future here, so disappointed he's not getting Championship football. If we get relegated and he has had a good season in the championhip we know he can have a role in the first team. With a League One loan we probably still wont know that. If he's only really League One standard and we stay in the Prem we really should be moving him on I think.

Idah comes with a very good reputation (but so did Freddy Adu), I really hope he does prove to be a player