Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Team for tomorrow?

According to Radio Norfolk, Macca will definitely start tomorrow.  Can we assume it''ll be this team:

Green

Wright  Flem  Doc  Drury

Hughes  Saf  Etuhu  Hucks

Ashton  McVeigh

?

i think that u have flem & doc the wrong way and Etuhu replaced by Robinson, all else correct DD

I hope so. Reminds me of the Championship winning shape with Holt, Francis and Cooper holding the fort across the middle and Leon, Matty and Huckstable being allowed to do what the heck they like in the oppositions half.

If Macca and Hucks do what they do best then the Southampton defence shouldn''t know where they will appear next. Deano must remember not to leave that central bit of the pitch that stretches from the half way line to their goal line and no wider than the width of the penalty box.

If this is the team he picks then we shouldn''t moan (too much) as there ain''t a huge amount else we could do.

The thing Worthington needs to get right tomorrow is to tell them to PASS IT and not hoof it. Thats right PASS IT.

in an ideal world i''d go.

Green

Wright      Colin      Doherty      Drury

Rossi Jarvis

Saffers         Etuhu            Brennan

McVeigh

Ryan Jarvis

subs: Ashton, Gallacher, Flemmo, Hucks, El Ougari

Players not on form dont start games. Also, Colin says Centerback is his best position so id give him the chance to prove it.

Slightly different formation this, which is reliant on the full backs to get forward to supply the width.

Rossi Jarvis sits back in the holding role and McVeigh and ryan Jarvis have free roles, this allows 2 of the 3 central midfielders (most likely Etuhu and Safri) to get forward and really pressure the southampton defence, with Jimmy B mopping up with Rossi.

jas :)

I would agree with your selection DD, although I would be tempted on either letting Colin have a run out in his ''proper'' position or playing three in defence with 5 man midfield allowing Hucks to roam a bit much as Derby did against us the other week with Idiakez (or however you spell his name). Just a bit worried about putting Flem back in at central defence. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Green

Wright      Colin      Doherty      Drury

Rossi Jarvis

Saffers         Etuhu            Brennan

McVeigh

Ryan Jarvis

subs: Ashton, Gallacher, Flemmo, Hucks, El Ougari

[/quote]

Is this a p*** take??

Doherty on the wrong side, Rossi, injured Ryan, Brennan I guess i just dont get your joke.  Then i never get Worthys joke either these days

lol Paul.. i did say in an Ideal world.... if the players above were fit....

Apologies for getting the doc on the wrong side... However i wouldnt mind seeing that back 4 given a chance (obviously swap Colin and the doc over)

as for Brennan, i have no confidence in Robbo or hughes, and he''s the next best option im afraid...

Of course if the entire squad was fit id replace Ryan with McKenzie and have shacks on the bench...

Id still keep ashton and hucks on the bench due to recent form etc.. cant see how that can be argued with....

and of course "i wouldnt be able to fault my players for their passion, commitment and work rate" [;)]

Green

Wright       Davenport      Doherty       Drury

Etuhu     Safri    Rossi.Jarvis/Robinson

McVeigh     Ashton    Huckerby