Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

Some Interesting New Rules From Today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48382254 

I'm not sure about this for handball though...a player's hand or arm has made their body "unnaturally bigger" 😳

Quite a few changes and there's bound to be some confusion at the start of the season. There's a bloke near me who still counts up to 6 everything a keeper holds the ball. Is that still a thing?

11 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

There's a bloke near me who still counts up to 6 everything a keeper holds the ball. Is that still a thing?

I remember this came up a week or two ago on here, and I said it's the least enforced rule in sport. Keepers regularly hold on to the ball for more than six seconds, sometimes ten, and when they're holding on to a lead it can be 15-20. Yet I haven't seen a free kick given for at least a decade. 

I googled the six second rule and apparently Mignolet got penalised for Liverpool against Bordeaux in 2015, which I can’t say I had remembered. Held on to it for 22 seconds! Very rare to see though.

Could they make it so a keeper who holds on to it for more than 6 seconds is booked instead of giving an indirect freekick? A ref can go back and book a player for a foul where they play an advantage, so why not book the keeper?

I think refs would be more willing to give out a yellow card than an indirect freekick in the box. 

3 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Could they make it so a keeper who holds on to it for more than 6 seconds is booked instead of giving an indirect freekick? A ref can go back and book a player for a foul where they play an advantage, so why not book the keeper?

I think refs would be more willing to give out a yellow card than an indirect freekick in the box. 

I doubt that. Teams would have both their starting goalkeeper and the sub sent off before half time.

Probably the best solution would be to increase the limit to maybe eight or ten seconds, and then actually enforce it- possibly via the fourth official or a VAR with a stopwatch. I say this because there are genuinely occasions when six seconds aren't quite enough, such as when a keeper claims a corner or free kick, goes down, waits for the box to clear etc. 

If it's from today, how come in the Woman's Women's international (England 0 New Zealand 1) They didn't play these rule changes ?

Edited by SwindonCanary

38 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If it's from today, how come in the Woman's international (England 0 New Zealand 1) They didn't play these rule changes ?

And won’t be in force for the Champions League final apparently.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

If it's from today, how come in the Woman's international (England 0 New Zealand 1) They didn't play these rule changes ?

Why on earth are you watching women play football? 

By the way, the grammar police will be after you for 'Woman's international'. 

Serves you right for watching it. 

• Sad 2

As Drazan says there's going to be confusion. "Unnaturally bigger" what does that mean? If it's not clear, it's open to controversy and people like me will cry foul when the decision goes in favour of the Big Club..... again. 

On 01/06/2019 at 16:15, Drazen Muzinic said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48382254 

I'm not sure about this for handball though...a player's hand or arm has made their body "unnaturally bigger" 😳

Quite a few changes and there's bound to be some confusion at the start of the season. There's a bloke near me who still counts up to 6 everything a keeper holds the ball. Is that still a thing?

You're not in the Jarrold Stand Block K Row Y by any chance ?

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You're not in the Jarrold Stand Block K Row Y by any chance ?

No, I sit in the Aviva Community but my hearing is like a bat!

• Haha 2