Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Potential Wingers/Creative midfielders in January/the summer?

My knowledge of the lower divisions is poor (mostly gleaned from Chris Kamara''s Sunday morning show on SkySports). 

But are their any potential new Jason Koumas/Simon Davies/Matt Etherinton/Dean Whitehead/Glenn Little/Paul Ifill style figures around?

Maybe we could email a list of potential targets to worthy?

ncisa have all the rumours collected together on their site, there must be about 15 names.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]ncisa have all the rumours collected together on their site, there must be about 15 names.[/quote]

The following list was gleaned

Jason Byrne - Shelbourne - 1million  :  1 million for a 27 year old league of ireland player  - seems risky
Camp - Derby - 1million : i never rated him but what do i no
Halls - Stoke - 500k
Ricketts - Swansea - 700k
Baptiste - Mansfield - 500k
Birchall - Port Vale - 700k
Vaughan - Crewe - 1million
Osman - Everton - 1million : i never rated him much may be a good championship player
Robinson - Sunderland - 500k - ok signing not for 500K tho
Halford - Colchester - 1million -sign him up - seems the guy has talent
McSheffrey - Coventry - 1million - Shat

For me Halford is the man

McSheffrey would be an immense signing but i doubt that 1 million is enough. I like a lot of those rumours and would be delighted with 3 or 4 of those signings

For me, to make our current squad capable of a seriously good run that could still get us to the play-offs (yes, yes, I know it is optimistic but I get like that when we haven''t had a game for a few days), I would like to see us go for:

Koumas : genuine quality midfielder capable of scoring goals and putting his foot in when needed (no jokes about his foot in his mouth, ta)

Halford : local good quality player with much potential 

Matt Jannsen (sp ?) :  on loan with a view to a permanent move if he proves his fitness/appetite for the game

A N Other : wide right midfielder (what happened to Jan Kristiansen) who must be capable of getting past a full-back and crosssing accurately

Davenport : or another young centre-half with pace

I would keep the rest of the squad if possible or at very most release a couple to ease the wage bill. Realistically we aren''t going to get offers for very many of them anyway but if we had to sell anybody I would make it Rob Green - nothing against him personally. I just think a move would be good for him and we could replace him from within the current squad. These players coming in would only bring the squad back up to the numbers that we should have had at the start of the season and if we did sell Rob Green (for, say, £2m) then the cost should only be about another £2m (based on Koumas : £1m, Halford : £800,000, Davenport : £1.5m, A N Other : £700,000), we would then also have to find Jannsens wages of course.

Mark .Y.

There seems to be a lot of genuine sentiment for Green which I certainly share that he would do himself no harm by having a move. It is clearly bourne of an appreciation of him and goodwill towards him.

This is not a common attitude towards a player and I cannot think of the last time it occurred.

In in Jan

Gardsoe - w brom

McSheffry - Coventry

and a young lad from Cardiff

Dean bye bye for £6m

Green wants to go and we want to sell but as yet there have been no offers.

In in Jan

Gardsoe - w brom

McSheffry - Coventry

and a young lad from Cardiff

Dean bye bye for £6m

Green wants to go and we want to sell but as yet there have been no offers.