Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Peter The Deleater...

12 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Pink Floyd and The Smiths.... didn't get it then, don't get it now. 

Best band there's ever been. Floyd that is. The Smiths I just don't get. 🙂

The Smiths are in the top 3 of my favourite bands ever. The Jam and New Order are there too.

Really puzzled by what Morrissey has become. The patriotism was always there and I'd love to think he is just putting a point across clumsily, has dug a hole for himself and, true to form, will not back down. If not, I'll feel as disappointed as when Ben Elton 'sold out' and started toadying up to those he used to savage in the 80s.

I won't be turning my back on The Smiths back catalogue because of Morrissey's more recent comments - that's not fair on Johnny Marr et al. Loved the band for the music and never bought into the gladioli, hearing aid etc. gimmicks.

• Like 1

I’ve only “got” Dark Side of the Moon in the last year, I can appreciate it for what it is now, when I was a young punk I didn’t want to like it as it was thought of as a load of prog/ hippy cr@p 😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’ve only “got” Dark Side of the Moon in the last year, I can appreciate it for what it is now, when I was a young punk I didn’t want to like it as it was thought of as a load of prog/ hippy cr@p 😁

I must still be young punk then...🤔

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

That reminds me, I need to get tickets for The Wonderstuff at the Waterfront 

It's yer money they're after baby!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

That reminds me, I need to get tickets for The Wonderstuff at the Waterfront 

Same week as The Mondays are playing UEA FF - not sure I'll be able to sneak out twice in one week! 🤫

Never been a fan of musicians getting involved in politics, play your music, sing your songs, that's what made you famous. I don't need your political opinion to try to influence me. 

16 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Never been a fan of musicians getting involved in politics, play your music, sing your songs, that's what made you famous. I don't need your political opinion to try to influence me. 

I really like Billy Bragg, but his political stuff doesn’t interest me at all but people will write songs about stuff that matters to them won’t they ?

Edited by FenwayFrank

Used to go to the Gala and bands like Edgar Broughton would be singing songs with lyrics based on their political views. I had no objections but it did make the songs a bit dire.

No doubt about it, love lyrics might be boring and crass but "cars and girls" do make the best lyrics and seem to make songs less morose and are probably phonetically better for rock music.

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I really like Billy Bragg, but his political stuff doesn’t interest me at all but people will write songs about stuff that matters to them won’t they ?

It's the interviews I object to, write the songs by all means, but jumping on stage with Obama?...... perleeeease.

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Used to go to the Gala and bands like Edgar Broughton would be singing songs with lyrics based on their political views. I had no objections but it did make the songs a bit dire.

No doubt about it, love lyrics might be boring and crass but "cars and girls" do make the best lyrics and seem to make songs less morose and are probably phonetically better for rock music.

Best thing about the Gala in my day was the bingo. Mum and Dad, bottle of coke, choc ice, Beano Book, Maggie's Den, The National Game, "Same Old Faces!" shouted out when someone won the link...jumpers for goalposts, marvellous isn't it?

image.png.071699d3d993e445f1741031f15fbe98.png

Apparently Paul Whitehouse based Ron Manager on Alec Stock.

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Mates and I had a great punch-up with Edgar Broughton band and roadies at West Runton Pavillion. There was blood. 

17 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I really like Billy Bragg,

Probably explains a lot.

image.thumb.png.497de1ac714090f97f281556e5fb3948.png

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Probably explains a lot.

image.thumb.png.497de1ac714090f97f281556e5fb3948.png

Has he been nicked for stealing a small child's schoolcap? And why is he wearing a joke squirty flower?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I don’t agree with his politics though, is that you on the left ? 

A moment of fame published in The New Musical Express.

24 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Are those official Police Wellies? 😂

Apples

No, but as i was in The Boy Scouts i remembered the motto ' Be Prepared '.

5 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

What was your time over 100 metres wearing them? 😱😂

Apples

Quicker than Billy Bragg's obviously.

Mates and I had a great punch-up with Edgar Broughton band and roadies at West Runton Pavillion. There was blood. 

Had left the country when it became a real music venue. First place I ever played golf. Cromer Links was a bit naughtier place and they didn't like us bors from the "smoke".

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

I don’t agree with his politics though, is that you on the left ? 

Surely Billy Bragg is on the left? 

• Haha 4

What offence had Billy Bragg committed Tillo? Fare dodging? Leaning out of the window while the train is in motion? Or using the toilet while the train was in the station.

Was he prosecuted as a result of your thorough investigation? If so what penalty did he receive. Please don't claim to have forgotten as I'm sure you are extremely proud of your ''celebrity collar'.

Is it the first time you have posted that photo?

Edited by wcorkcanary

On 03/06/2019 at 10:54, TIL 1010 said:

Quicker than Billy Bragg's obviously.

What offence had Billy Bragg committed Tillo? Fare dodging? Leaning out of the window while the train is in motion? Or using the toilet while the train was in the station.

Was he prosecuted as a result of your thorough investigation? If so what penalty did he receive. Please don't claim to have forgotten as I'm sure you are extremely proud of your ''celebrity collar'.

54 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing.

Coughing without due care and attention.

Wearing a loud shirt in a built-up area during the hours of darkness.

Looking at me in a funny way

Walking on the cracks in the pavement.

Walking around with an offensive wife.

(Big thanks to Not the Nine O'Clock News!)

• Haha 2