I was at the Galatasaray title celebrations at the weekend for work (it’s a hard life). 

Diagne was very noticeable by his absence. The story was going around that the club had accepted an offer for him. The player later came out and said it was for ‘personal reasons’ that he couldn’t attend. 

Despite scoring a lot of goals he isn’t massively popular among supporters and the management. I think both the club and the player’s agent have been working very hard on getting him a transfer. 

I would be surprised if the fee was anywhere near 17 million, apparently Leeds tried to sign him not too long ago, and a fee of 3.5 million had been touted

2 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

I would be surprised if the fee was anywhere near 17 million, apparently Leeds tried to sign him not too long ago, and a fee of 3.5 million had been touted

That’s how much Galatasaray paid for him in January. He’s just scored 30 goals in 29 games in Turkey so is hot(ish) property. 

No one is going to pay €17m for him, but it will be well over the numbers being quoted in January. 

Is there a way to translate into English?? I can't see options to do that on my browser but may just be being stupid!

If you're on an android phone and are using Chrome install Google translate and it should offer automatic translation...

He has spent the last 3 years in Chinese and Turkish Super Leagues - both famous for their notoriously high salaries. I would be surprised if there is much in this.

Looks like a good player though - anyone with his number of goals is always interesting.

From the translation...

'Who will replace Diagne, what is Aslan's goal?'

Defeating the White Queen and brining peace to Narnia?

Edited by king canary
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

If you're on an android phone and are using Chrome install Google translate and it should offer automatic translation...

I'm on my desktop and don't use Chrome! I know it auto-translates in that. Maybe I'll just go have a look that way.

23 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

£5m max then.

£2m max for Rhodes.

Leaves £13m still in the transfer kitty, and add on anything we might get for any sales of superfluous stock (Windshutt? Ragett? etc.)

The striker situation solved that means the rest can be spent elsewhere, with a few bob left over to put in the tin for "The Beat's statue" in order to express some sympathy for and good will towards our beleaguered rivals. Perhaps we could even wave a fiver in their direction for this most worthy of causes?

Ah, just realised I don't have Chrome installed on my work computer, which is what I'm on (I know, do some frickin work!) I can't mess around with my work desktop as we have a terribly rubbish external IT company and need various permissions to do, well, most things like that!

16 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Is there a way to translate into English?? I can't see options to do that on my browser but may just be being stupid!

Use Chrome

38 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

He'd fit right in here since that link cites missed penalties as a reason for the fans ire...

Considering he scored 12 penalties last season it seems a bit harsh... but then Gala fans have never been known for their reasonable manner. 

22 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Leaves £13m still in the transfer kitty, and add on anything we might get for any sales of superfluous stock (Windshutt? Ragett? etc.)

The ‘£20 transfer kitty’ story said that includes wages. Which to me makes it unbelievable. 

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

my guess is its  a load of piffle.😀

Almost certainly. The fun of transfer windows. 

Well , I just translated the rest of the article and the Turks have parted ways and said goodbye to Diagne...at least that's the way it's been written. No speculation...he's gone according to them...

May still be piffle though 😉

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

Eh?

Think he mant the value of Diagne we'd (be willing to?) pay... £5m max...

Then again... I'm not entirely sure either!

bring him in, it's nearly June and we haven't bought anyone and I'm getting bored. Looks the part as well. Just wonder what we would do with having both him and Pukki there, maybe a return to the classic 442 😄

He can be the new RVW in terms of exciting transfers. 30 goals in Turkey is not to be sniffed at.

16 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Think he mant the value of Diagne we'd (be willing to?) pay... £5m max...

Then again... I'm not entirely sure either!

Of course and based upon the reported bid by Leeds of £3.5m.

A bit tongue in cheek actually, but £17m is hardly on at all and would blow everything we have been told out the window in one fell swoop.

The mention of the Rhodes offer was serious though,but I'd stretch to £3m.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Of course and based upon the reported bid by Leeds of £3.5m.

A bit tongue in cheek actually, but £17m is hardly on at all and would blow everything we have been told out the window in one fell swoop.

The mention of the Rhodes offer was serious though.

We're clearly not getting someone with that many goals for £5m. 

We also need to stop treating this random £20m figure from the Sun as gospel. 

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

We're clearly not getting someone with that many goals for £5m. 

We also need to stop treating this random £20m figure from the Sun as gospel. 

But what about the not-so-random bridging loan which was for exactly £21 million?

Indicative? Or no?

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wiki seems to think he’s our player - which is always fun and a bit of a kiss of death to it not happening...

Umm... No it doesn't!

For what it's worth the 'Transfer Markt' site has his value at £7.2m, but as they are new to me I cannot possibly comment.

It, or a not dissimilar amount, would make more sense though.