Sign in to follow this  
Andy G

Saido Berahino

All the names flying about.
I see that Saido Berahino has been released from stoke after his drink driving ban, used to have a lot of potential.
Would he be a decent free signing here? someone for Daniel Farke to get on the straight and narrow? 

Personally think he's the MOST toxic footballer around at the moment! Perhaps even for the past two years!

It's a waste, I agree, as he could be a good player. But all the warning signs around him just scream "NOOOOOO!!!!"

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Agree he appears to be toxic, but could  a bit of man management from Daniel Farke be the answer?......

I don't know mate... I feel like Saido would require an entire personality overhaul to get anywhere near Farke even bothering to put his arm around him...

• Like 1

I'm in the '100% no' camp on this one too - As I imagine many will be. There just has to be better, less toxic options. Team spirit has done so much for us this season. I'd  rather sign nobody...

27 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Would love to know what has gone on with Berahino to turn him from England potential to well off the Championship level. 

Think he is beyond an arm round the shoulder. 

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of a greedy agent and a massive ego. Toxic indeed.

Very Risky but a Gamble someone might Get a good player out of ,

He is on a downward slope waste of talent with his discipline 

But if the penny drops and he matures and works hard someone might get a great free transfer !!!!!

Would i take that Gamble ? 

if i sat down and spoke to him face to face and knew all the problems then i might just take the plunge 

BUT his contract would have to be water tight , any messing around and it can be cancelled at no cost to club  etc 

i might well take the gamble if i thought away from the bright lights we could get a good player once rate 20 million for free 

• Like 1

Seriously? If this guy was ok then Stoke would be desperate to resign him. The fact that they are not speaks volumes and says everything you need to know about this player. The people running Stoke are no fools. Quite the contrary. 

On 28/05/2019 at 13:05, Andy G said:

Would he be a decent free signing here? someone for Daniel Farke to get on the straight and narrow? 

Only if you want to bring down all thats been built in the last two years.

I've opened this topic again by mistake so will throw a few more 'no's' at it while I am here.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

He showed promise a few years ago......and that's about it......Be interesting to see where he eventually ends up.....

Ross McCormack was released today - what a combination they'd be.

Berahino would have to pick up McCormack for training though - he has a bit of trouble with his own 'Bad Gateway'.

I wonder if he lives at number 502?

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
Spelling
  • Like 1