CanaryNath

Wish list for our club

If there was a way of highlighting / suggesting potential targets/signings to the club, (and they’d have to be realistic!!) who would you want to suggest they consider??

for me.....

Robert Skov 

Albian Ajeti 

both young, hungry and only going to increase in value

Not heard of either, but they report well on Wiki.

No idea of the quality of the leagues they play in either but on the surface they fit the bill as being the type of signing that we have become accustomed to under the present regime.

You never know.

What alerted you to these two OP?

To be honest, I'm really struggling with this this season. The sort of players we're all aware of who would be good players for us are either too expensive or too 'in demand' and the experienced players who generally do the rounds aren't the players we're after.

With our scouting system and budget, we'll probably pick up cheap unknown players. I know of Skov and Ajeti by name but I've obviously never seen them play and I know nothing about them, however these are the type of players we'll sign but there are so many of these young, promising players around Europe we'll have to guess 100 to get one right.

From the more known players, Harry Wilson on loan would be a coup but he'll probably go somewhere bigger (unless Liverpool want him to get guaranteed game time), and I'd fancy Erick Pulgar from Bologna with a €12m release clause but he's done too well recently so he'll probably go to a bigger club than us.

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Not heard of either, but they report well on Wiki.

No idea of the quality of the leagues they play in either but on the surface they fit the bill as being the type of signing that we have become accustomed to under the present regime.

You never know.

What alerted you to these two OP?

Albian Ajeti I’m aware of due to seeing Basel play a fair bit (father in law lives there) and Robert Skov I’ve been keeping an eye on as a result of dabbling on Football Index. He’s just broken the all-time goalscoring record for the Danish league and apparently has a release clause of just £5m (though how true this is, who knows)

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be honest, I'm really struggling with this this season. The sort of players we're all aware of who would be good players for us are either too expensive or too 'in demand' and the experienced players who generally do the rounds aren't the players we're after.

With our scouting system and budget, we'll probably pick up cheap unknown players. I know of Skov and Ajeti by name but I've obviously never seen them play and I know nothing about them, however these are the type of players we'll sign but there are so many of these young, promising players around Europe we'll have to guess 100 to get one right.

From the more known players, Harry Wilson on loan would be a coup but he'll probably go somewhere bigger (unless Liverpool want him to get guaranteed game time), and I'd fancy Erick Pulgar from Bologna with a €12m release clause but he's done too well recently so he'll probably go to a bigger club than us.

WWIAFTM ... same here , I am struggling to see who we will be bringing in , that is up to the PL, without splashing out at least 5-6 m pounds. But SW and DF have proved us wrong so I am willing to give them a chance. But the way football is nowadays... You could read that Dean Smith immediately alluded to the fact that they have rich owners at Villa and that would help them no end to stay up... I am afraid that he's right in saying that it will help... as we are being priced out of the market.
I don't want to be doommongering , as we don't need to buy 10 players , we only need a few... but if you hear  you're being priced out of the market for each and every player you might be interested in...makes me nervous

10 hours ago, CanaryNath said:

If there was a way of highlighting / suggesting potential targets/signings to the club, (and they’d have to be realistic!!) who would you want to suggest they consider??

for me.....

Robert Skov 

Albian Ajeti 

I like both these players, although fear Ajeti is probably beyond Norwich right now. Lot of talk of him going to somewhere in Italy from €10m+. Would be hard to convince him to come to Norwich without making him first choice and with Pukki around that probably isn’t going to happen. I’d imagine it’s a similar story with Robert Skov. 

There is another Skov, Andreas Skov Olsen, that I do think would be a good player for Norwich to target. Very skilful, 19 year old wide player who has scored a ton of goals and is over 6 foot. Would offer something different to Norwich’s current wide players and probably wouldn’t need to be told he’s first choice to convince him to sign. 

• Like 1

Well Bethnal , Andreas Skov Olsen looks the kind of player SW and DF would be targeting...interesting

Spend on facilities and backroom staff and infrastructure if any of that needs spending on. Or expanding our business portfolio

Edited by KiwiScot

Given our supposed budget restrictions (that self funding strategy may actually prove to be more problematic this summer than it was last season) then I think we need to be very targeted and focus on one or two key additions. For me, the holding midfielder is a key position and I think we should spend big in that area. Other than that I would be targeting a new back up keeper (who is capable of stepping in if/when Krul starts to cost us), a wide player with pace (where we could probably take a punt on a couple of cheaper signings) and a second striker as back up to Pukki.

12 hours ago, CanaryNath said:

for me.....

Robert Skov 

Albian Ajeti 

Great scouting Nath! Just watching the Skov vids on YouTube and, wow! Really does look a player there. Absolute wand of a left foot, most of the goals I've seen so far have come from outside the box.

Also plays on the wing, with the ability to cut in. Looks like the type of player who might prefer to play right side and then switch. Can't really tell from YouTube videos but this looks a player who has the ability to make things happen on his own. If we could get him for £5 million I would say dive right in! However, by the sounds of it, that might not be possible.

Love the new recruitment set up at the club (who doesn't?) but it does take the fun out of realistic options for the off season, given that my knowledge of the Macedonian 7th tier is somewhat lacking..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kirku said:

Love the new recruitment set up at the club (who doesn't?) but it does take the fun out of realistic options for the off season, given that my knowledge of the Macedonian 7th tier is somewhat lacking..

I agree completely. At least with my other team (Lecce) you know exactly where they're going to be shopping so you can play along with this type of guessing game. With Norwich you have nothing to go on.

• Like 1

I've been impressed with Jack Marriott the last few times I've seen him. Quick enough, industrious, makes good runs and scores.

A good age and room for improvement, in the right set up. Can also play as a 10, according to Transfermarkt.

45 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I've been impressed with Jack Marriott the last few times I've seen him. Quick enough, industrious, makes good runs and scores.

A good age and room for improvement, in the right set up. Can also play as a 10, according to Transfermarkt.

Too expensive for the role he'd fill

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

I like him too, but was one of the players I thought we should sign last season. At £2.5 million it would have been a pretty decent deal.

However, Derby are likely to want big bucks for him and, as has been mentioned, probably not worth the outlay being where we are now.