Undoubted talent but looks a long way from the finished article.

Both him and Mount seem to make some very poor decisions at times.

• Like 1

I can't see Liverpool selling yet though (unless a huge offer comes in), would have thought he'd just go out on loan for  another season. Bearing in mind Lewis Baker at Chelsea and Harrison Reed at Southampton are both 24 and have three years left on their contracts.

Wilson's a neat and tidy player but for me he competes with Buendia too much.

As a loan, maybe. Although I believe Liverpool attach fees to those if players don't play. For our Winger/AM addition I'd rather we got someboy more like Hernandez.

He'd be a good option as a loanee no doubt. You don't get 16 goals from midfield if you're a headless chicken.

He is 22 now though so you'd think if he's going to break through at Liverpool it has to be soon.

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

Undoubted talent but looks a long way from the finished article.

Both him and Mount seem to make some very poor decisions at times.

You show me an attacking midfielder who doesn't make poor decisions at times and I'll show a £100m player.

Wilson was given a ‘long term contract’ last season by Liverpool so they will want a big fee in order to sell him.

He probably is ‘worth’ £20m+. Certainly looks a player that would be quite comfortable in a mid table Premier League club. Considering Liverpool could probably make £5m on loan fees over the next season or two then he could easily be considered to be worth closer to £30m to them. If Maddison was £23m then I can’t see why Wilson wouldn’t be worth £25m - considering the money Liverpool could make from loans and them being under absolutely no pressure to sell. 

With the FA threatening to lower the limited of non-homegrown players in squads in the Premier League to 13 you won’t see clubs letting any home grown player go cheaply. 

• Like 1

At the moment he only looks comfortable in an upper mid table Championship team, not sure he's going to cut it in the Premier League. Was very poor today, as were all the "big club" loan players. 

I thought he was brilliant against Leeds, but was poor today.

I think we could do worse for a loan signing - I think we are in need of another winger.

I thought he was brilliant against Leeds, but was poor today.

I think we could do worse for a loan signing - I think we are in need of another winger.

I think we need another winger, but I would have thought we'd want someone with pace who can beat people (like Hernandez) which I don't think is Wilson's game.

Some of the supposed "players" in the Championship this year have been very inconsistent. Wilson played well for half a season, as did the show pony Grealish. Mount was up and down. McGinn now supposedly the "best midfielder in the Championship" yet until Christmas no one had noticed him. Hernandez at Leeds couldn't deliver when it mattered.

None of them are anywhere near as good as Maddison was last year or as good as Buendia or Norwood at Sheff Utd this season. All of those deliver 8 or 9 out of 10 performances every game,.

£25m for Wilson? They have absolutely no chance. I don't think he would  get in our starting 11 and I would rather have someone like Ryan Kent or Callum O'Dowda as a back up to Hernandez (though we probably can't afford them either).

28 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Some of the supposed "players" in the Championship this year have been very inconsistent. Wilson played well for half a season, as did the show pony Grealish. Mount was up and down. McGinn now supposedly the "best midfielder in the Championship" yet until Christmas no one had noticed him. Hernandez at Leeds couldn't deliver when it mattered.

None of them are anywhere near as good as Maddison was last year or as good as Buendia or Norwood at Sheff Utd this season. All of those deliver 8 or 9 out of 10 performances every game,.

£25m for Wilson? They have absolutely no chance. I don't think he would  get in our starting 11 and I would rather have someone like Ryan Kent or Callum O'Dowda as a back up to Hernandez (though we probably can't afford them either).

Some heavy yellow and green blinkers on here. 

Wilson would get in our starting XI with ease- I like Onel but Wilson is the better player. McGinn has always been excellent, people not noticing doesn't mean he wasn't. 

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Some heavy yellow and green blinkers on here. 

Wilson would get in our starting XI with ease- I like Onel but Wilson is the better player. McGinn has always been excellent, people not noticing doesn't mean he wasn't. 

Agreed - and Grealish was only 'inconsistent' because he missed the middle third of the season through injury. Once he came back, Villa won 10 on the bounce and went on to win the play offs.

3 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Agreed - and Grealish was only 'inconsistent' because he missed the middle third of the season through injury. Once he came back, Villa won 10 on the bounce and went on to win the play offs.

Yep. Although if I could take one player off another promoted side it would be Tammy Abraham. 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yep. Although if I could take one player off another promoted side it would be Tammy Abraham. 

Abraham and Grealish are both huge talents and I expect both with be Champions’ League players in a few years. 

The fact Villa struggled under Steve Bruce says a lot about his management really. That squad was always too good for the league. They will have to spend a lot though just to keep it on a par with Mings, Abraham and El Ghazi all on loan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Abraham and Grealish are both huge talents and I expect both with be Champions’ League players in a few years. 

The fact Villa struggled under Steve Bruce says a lot about his management really. That squad was always too good for the league. They will have to spend a lot though just to keep it on a par with Mings, Abraham and El Ghazi all on loan. 

They aren't short of cash though so I think they'll do OK if spent well. I like Dean Smith and think he'll steer them well.

I'm one of those who isn't fully convinced by Grealish but then I don't watch Villa every week. He's easily good enough for the Premier League but I'd personally take Maddison over him.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

They aren't short of cash though so I think they'll do OK if spent well. I like Dean Smith and think he'll steer them well.

I'm one of those who isn't fully convinced by Grealish but then I don't watch Villa every week. He's easily good enough for the Premier League but I'd personally take Maddison over him.

Every time I’ve seen Grealish play he has really stood out as an excellent player. 

Grealish looks good out wide as well as central and that versatility means I’d go for him, with all other factors being equal. Not that Maddison isn’t a great player as well. 

Villa seems to have sorted their recruitment out a bit over the last season, so they may get the right players in. But don’t envy a club having to replace their best striker and defender in one summer. 

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Every time I’ve seen Grealish play he has really stood out as an excellent player. 

Grealish looks good out wide as well as central and that versatility means I’d go for him, with all other factors being equal. Not that Maddison isn’t a great player as well. 

Villa seems to have sorted their recruitment out a bit over the last season, so they may get the right players in. But don’t envy a club having to replace their best striker and defender in one summer. 

Agreed, it is one of the downsides of the loan system. However I think they'll have a good chance of keeping Mings. 

Grealish has added more physicality over time which he needed (a season ago he could be kicked out of games quite easily) but I'd argue he gets tunnel vision at times where Maddison has better vision.

36 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Well this game is all about opinions I guess! He certainly wasn't excellent yesterday and every time I've seen him play (including for Villa at Carrow Road) he hasn't done enough to make me even notice him, other than for playing with his socks round his ankles.  I don't doubt his ability but he just doesn't produce enough to be rated so highly.

Tuanzebe and Hauze are also on loan. Keeping the 5 players they currently have on loan in their first team squad would cost them at least £50m, before they even think about improvements. Their owners have a lot of money though so will probably spend more than Fulham did, and spend it better.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Wilson would get in our starting XI with ease-

No, I don't think so - instead of who? Stieperman possibly, but I don't think he has the all round game to play in that role for us. He's not a replacement for Hernandez or Buendia so how would you fit him in?