7 hours ago, zema abbey football genius said:

I think he’s on a par with Rhodes...JR is a far superior goal scorer but MG is a lot quicker and works a lot harder IMO

Waghorn is quick? Genuine question as I don't ever remember noticing that about him. Also, I also wouldn't want him. Irrespective of the Ipswich connection, I just don't think he's good enough.

17 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Surprised at the suggestion that Rhodes doesn’t work hard enough? Not my take at all. 

Agreed, I would call Jordan lazy or unmotivated either ...

He was excellent for 1p5wich and has been more than decent for Derby, but I feel he falls short of PL standard, although he is capable of having his moments.

His pedigree and age suggest that Derby County might well be his pinnacle.

When I first saw him play in the blue at the start of the season before last I actually thought him capable of becoming a Grant Holt figure for the binners and envied them as a result. The fact that he was subsequently allowed to move on after so short a time speaks volumes for the general malaise that besets that club, with no real expert direction from above and a desire to cash in whenever possible.

They (the binmen) now see this Gillingham striker as their very own impending Granzilla, but surely they have been there already and let such a player go for a few pieces of silver.

Would have loved Waghorn last season (at the outset at least,) not now in a million years.We have moved on, at pace. 

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

He was excellent for 1p5wich and has been more than decent for Derby, but I feel he falls short of PL standard, although he is capable of having his moments.

His pedigree and age suggest that Derby County might well be his pinnacle.

When I first saw him play in the blue at the start of the season before last I actually thought him capable of becoming a Grant Holt figure for the binners and envied them as a result. The fact that he was subsequently allowed to move on after so short a time speaks volumes for the general malaise that besets that club, with no real expert direction from above and a desire to cash in whenever possible.

They (the binmen) now see this Gillingham striker as their very own impending Granzilla, but surely they have been there already and let such a player go for a few pieces of silver.

Would have loved Waghorn last season (at the outset at least,) not now in a million years.We have moved on, at pace. 

Agreed - I think he's been good at Champs level for a few years and did OK in Scotland too but he doesn't have the game to do anything in the PL. Not sure Rhodes does either though.....

16 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Surprised at the suggestion that Rhodes doesn’t work hard enough? Not my take at all. 

15 hours ago, ROBFLECK said:

Agreed, I would call Jordan lazy or unmotivated either ...

I didn’t say Rhodes was lazy...just that MW works harder. I’m only basing this on what I’ve seen of him - he’s not blessed with great finesse but he’s a pain in the a$$ for defenders due to his work rate (like a sh1tter version of Holt in his prime). 

RE The question about his pace - I said he was quicker than Rhodes. I  don’t have his or Rhodes‘ 60m PBs to hand...but I’m quietly confident Waghorn is faster

20 hours ago, zema abbey football genius said:

I didn’t say Rhodes was lazy...just that MW works harder. I’m only basing this on what I’ve seen of him - he’s not blessed with great finesse but he’s a pain in the a$$ for defenders due to his work rate (like a sh1tter version of Holt in his prime). 

RE The question about his pace - I said he was quicker than Rhodes. I  don’t have his or Rhodes‘ 60m PBs to hand...but I’m quietly confident Waghorn is faster

You said he was a lot quicker. Whilst Rhodes isn't renowned for his pace, if someone was considered to be a lot quicker, I'd suggest that would mean they are very fast.

40 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

You said he was a lot quicker. Whilst Rhodes isn't renowned for his pace, if someone was considered to be a lot quicker, I'd suggest that would mean they are very fast.

I am trying not to react to your pedantic post...however, I am far to weak minded to let it go....

I stand by my comment - IMO Rhodes (who I do actually rate) is pretty slow...meaning a ‘fairly quick’ Waghorn is a lot quicker.