Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Completely OT - But utterly joyous!

As good as it is I can’t help but find something a little bit wrong about kids that young playing instruments that well. How old would she have been when she started playing and would it really have been her choice ? 

Incredible for that age.

Some kids are just prodigious. The enjoyment on her face seems to be real?

29 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

As good as it is I can’t help but find something a little bit wrong about kids that young playing instruments that well. How old would she have been when she started playing and would it really have been her choice ? 

It looks almost impossible. But if you go to her website she seems like a perfectly normal 9 year old. Just insanely talented!

Just now, ron obvious said:

It looks almost impossible. But if you go to her website she seems like a perfectly normal 9 year old. Just insanely talented!

Old joke:
What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians? A drummer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Thats the spirit Frank, keep it light!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

How old were we when our dads started taking us to the football and having a kick about in the garden with us? I doubt we were old enough to make the decision ourselves, but we keep going because we want to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Old joke:

How can you tell of a drummers stool is level? 

Both sets of knuckles drag on the floor

12 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

You and Til been let out for the day ?

Just posting on a public forum, as always. 

I'm sure your calvary will arrive shortly, but let's not derail another thread with all your self indulgence. 

Edited by Greavsy

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just posting on a public forum, as always. 

I'm sure your calvary will arrive shortly, but let's not derail another thread with all your self indulgence. 

Self indulgence you say ? Derailing a thread you said ?

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Thats the spirit Frank, keep it light!

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Self indulgence you say ? Derailing a thread you said ?

And your point?

Anyways, I'm off out now, so will leave you to it. Enjoy. 

It is joyous to see, but I'm going to be a bit of a party pooper - I've watched it a couple of times now and what the kid is playing is very good and clearly very talented, but what you are hearing is not what she is playing. Towards the end as her arms get tired there are several snare drum beats sounding on the track where the stick is still in the air!   Not a fake, but something not quite right about it imo. Maybe an audio recording she did before that was perfect and then filmed it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It is joyous to see, but I'm going to be a bit of a party pooper - I've watched it a couple of times now and what the kid is playing is very good and clearly very talented, but what you are hearing is not what she is playing. Towards the end as her arms get tired there are several snare drum beats sounding on the track where the stick is still in the air!   Not a fake, but something not quite right about it imo. Maybe an audio recording she did before that was perfect and then filmed it. 

I wondered if it was fake too, but there's videos of her drumming solo, plus lots of others like this one.

Video & audio tracks often get out of sync on youtube, so it's difficult to tell from that point of view. And I don't think she'a just drumming along to the original track as they sound slightly different.

I think she's simply a prodigy, the likes of which music (& mathematics) sometimes throw up, which is wonderful for the rest of us.

51 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That doesn't necessarily mean its not the actual take.  I've got performance vids on youtube, and when uploaded it does weird things with the complex sections / faster notes where it looks like they're not even being played.  Something something upload rate / codecs, or whatever.

22 minutes ago, Orly said:

That doesn't necessarily mean its not the actual take.  I've got performance vids on youtube, and when uploaded it does weird things with the complex sections / faster notes where it looks like they're not even being played.  Something something upload rate / codecs, or whatever.

Yes it could be that, everything else is spot on, but at the points I mentioned, she does take her arms extra high before hitting the drum, suggesting she mistimed those beats. Whatever, plainly talented kid and great look on her face showing her enjoyment. 

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Old joke:

Going to see Hot Chip in October. Love the music of course and the fact Sarah Jones hangs around with them is purely coincidental...

image.png.ae4cbf743b70bd4bbdacc2e447a163c6.png