Branston Pickle

Cricket World Cup

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Not looking good for the Indians. Still, I'd rather face NZ in the final if we get there.

Me too. Feels like this game is a bit a 'one off' due to the rain for New Zealand.

4 overs to go. NZ still favourites, but fair play to Jadeja and Dhoni - great effort.

NZ in the final, then. Got to bat first tomorrow I reckon, don't fancy letting Warner and Finch get ahead of the game early on.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

NZ in the final, then. Got to bat first tomorrow I reckon, don't fancy letting Warner and Finch get ahead of the game early on.

Yep, also Starc is such a good death bowler I wouldn't fancy needing to score off him late in a chase.

Glad India have snuffed it, but we need to do the business against The Aussies before we get too excited 

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

4 overs to go. NZ still favourites, but fair play to Jadeja and Dhoni - great effort.

what a turn up, worth coming in to watch the final overs

didn't think NZ could pull this off but more 'comfortable win than I would have thought

NZ must be wanting a final against OZ - for rivalries sake

but the latter has to get past us, which should be a cracker

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill said:

what a turn up, worth coming in to watch the final overs

didn't think NZ could pull this off but more 'comfortable win than I would have thought

NZ must be wanting a final against OZ - for rivalries sake

but the latter has to get past us, which should be a cracker

Odd that you watch City games on illegal streams! Got Sky now have you or is this more of your BS 😉

12 minutes ago, AJ said:

Glad India have snuffed it, but we need to do the business against The Aussies before we get too excited 

I would have fancied India to beat England, if we get through, fancy our chances against New Zealand...exciting game to look forward to tomorrow.

I think the weather is meant to be ok - so should all be done with today.  It’s odd that coming into the tournament we apparently preferred to chase - you feel the side batting first has had by far the better results.

We certainly didn’t get the rub of the green early on in the group game - the ball was hooping about but wouldn’t go to-hand (and an umpire’s call went against) - I don’t think it’ll have any bearing in today’s game.

Good start for England, got the early wicket....now let’s make steady in-roads - Warner gone as I write😀😀😀😀😀!

Edited by Branston Pickle

Bad toss to lose, but this opening spell is just outstanding... every ball looks like it could yield a wicket. Really need to get Smith out of there while we're on top.

20 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well that went well...!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Well that went well...!

We'd definitely have chosen to bat first if we'd have won the toss. Now just got to hope our first change bowlers can keep up the good work... I'd keep Archer and Woakes back for a bit now.

They're edging their way back into it - plenty of twists and turns yet to come!

21 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

They're edging their way back into it - plenty of twists and turns yet to come!

It will end up being a close game I reckon, if these two can hang in there till around 35 overs they will post a competitive score

14 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It will end up being a close game I reckon, if these two can hang in there till around 35 overs they will post a competitive score

Quite happy to have talked that one up😀

Terrific from England. Bat sensibly and we should be home and hosed. 

• Like 2

I’m sure there’ll be some slip-ups but 223 should be more than gettable if we play properly, we certainly don’t want to be anything daft like India’s 5-3.

Yes, they just have to bat sensibly at the beginning of the innings, openers have time to get their eye in.

36 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

This is England. In a World Cup semi-final. Anyone who thinks this will plain-sailing is barking.

That's the conventional wisdom, but it's looking bloody good at the moment. Loving Roy launching Lyon's first ball back over his head for six!

Roy hits Smith for three 6s in an over. Funny! Feels like all the peril has gone out of this game.