Branston Pickle

Cricket World Cup

Utterly bonkers. What an incredible finish to a great World Cup! Hard and full just outside off stump please, Jofra...

I’ve no interest in cricket what so ever but dam that was exciting! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 3

Fantastic cricket. Well done England. Unlucky a brilliant New Zealand.

Feel so sorry for the Kiwis after that accidental Stokes overthrow boundary, and then Boult's catch in the super over... that's such an England way to lose! Thoroughly dining out on the moment, but massive kudos to New Zealand. What a brilliant advert for cricket... as Elastic Man said earlier, much better than a 350+ slogfest.

Not bad for a sedentary activity that isn't a real sport, eh?

Can’t believe that, had England’s name on it, if that was fiction everyone would say it was too far fetched 

Just now, Van wink said:

Can’t believe that, had England’s name on it, if that was fiction everyone would say it was too far fetched 

Just said exactly the same thing to the missus... she's always hated cricket, and even she got stuck right into it! Hollywood stuff, that.

NOW BRING ON THE ASHES!!!

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Thought  Woakes should have bowled the super over but Archer held his nerve when it mattered.

I said the same at the time. Still, looking forward to seeing Jofra firing at the Aussies in a few weeks... imagine his confidence!

What a moment for those guys. To win the World Cup in the most incredible way, at the home of cricket.

The greatest game of cricket ever

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Shut up, póó-head.

EDIT: Seriously? You can't say '****'?!

Step two, instead of **** say **** 
As in 'Bull ****', '**** head' and this '**** is cold'.....

Oh yeah.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Oh yeah.....

Whatevs xxx

10 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Oh yeah.....

Mmkay

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

AND a tie break in the final set of the Wimbledon men's final!

Not very happy with Federer throwing away the two championship points - if he’d have won it then, I could have switched over to the last five overs of the cricket in peace instead of the stress of having to try and time my channel hopping tactically to avoid missing anything important in either!

To go to a super over in the World Cup final and to be three yards from either winning or losing on the last ball is about as tense as it gets. You literally couldn’t have scripted it any better. 

Edited by Aggy

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

What a finish-almost feels like we didn't deserve it  

I know what you mean, but if the tables were turned, New Zealand wouldn't turn down the title.

Kin Hell.

I was grinding my teeth at the 3 consecutive maidens when we were batting, convinced they would come and bite us on the rear, then I couldn't believe Boult and that boundary 'catch' (that could haunt him forever)

When we needed 15 from 4, that was when I finally resigned myself that we were 98% sure to lose, and then.........FML

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Any reason is a good one..

To be fair, the last thing I want is someone to summon his miserable árse onto this thread to suck even more fun out of the board.

• Haha 1

What a great day for us sports fans, an epic Cricket final, Hamilton wining the British GP.  Wimbledon having a long long final and the tour of France. AMAZING ! 

• Thanks 1

Don’t understand the comments that we almost don’t deserve it. We’ve been the best one day side for 4 years, the best in the tournament and rightly won the final. We were rightly classed as favourites and this time, the end result was correct. Yes I’m biased but we’ve consistently been the best, most entertaining, most effective one day side. Worthy World Cup winners in every way.