Branston Pickle

Cricket World Cup

I know that cricket is a totally different game, slower for a start and more about a one on one confrontation between batsman and bowler but, listening to the commentary, I am amazed by the difference in commentary between cricket and football. Cricket commentators, who have almost always played the game at a very high level, unlike football, seem so much more knowledgeable, talking about tactics, stats, history, player personality, everything that can affect a game. Football doesn’t lend itself to such in game in-depth analysis but I wonder if there is scope for more cerebral former players to be involved in commentary? 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Slipping away.

That’s a brilliant catch, unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I wonder if there is scope for more cerebral former players to be involved in commentary? 

I think the problem is it’s a pretty small pool to pick from.

• Haha 2

NZ are bowling beautifully. We've got this partnership and the next one (with Woakes)... wouldn't want to be having to up the run rate and/or score a bunch of runs after the sixth wicket goes down.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think the problem is it’s a pretty small pool to pick from.

More public schoolboys need to start playing football!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

NZ are bowling beautifully. We've got this partnership and the next one (with Woakes)... wouldn't want to be having to up the run rate and/or score a bunch of runs after the sixth wicket goes down.

That's the nub. With Stokes and Buttler still at the crease, we've got wickets in hand if we do need to accelerate. This could be an absolute nail-biter though, Kiwis still bowling and fielding superbly.

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's the nub. With Stokes and Buttler still at the crease, we've got wickets in hand if we do need to accelerate. This could be an absolute nail-biter though, Kiwis still bowling and fielding superbly.

It’s a proper final 

It's swinging back and forth with every ball now. New Zealand have to be favourites now though.

Edited by Nuff Said

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

NZ so unlucky with that one that came off stokes bat as he was trying to make his ground

Agreed, harsh if they lose now.