Branston Pickle

Cricket World Cup

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

It will end up being a close game I reckon, if these two can hang in there till around 35 overs they will post a competitive score

oh dear 🤣

Funny, if we now go onto lose this game......what an utter ****e decision! What’s the point of having reviews if you don’t use them for totally wrong decisions?

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Bairstow used our only review on a plum lbw, Roy had to walk. 

I know but that’s an utterly wrong decision by the umpire! Crap really as it just makes a bigger case for VAR in football.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I know but that’s an utterly wrong decision by the umpire! Crap really as it just makes a bigger case for VAR in football.

Thing that really pisses me off they review if a balls gone to the boundary or not if the fielder cuts it off, but they won’t review a potentially game changing **** poor decision! Still hopefully shouldn’t have a bearing on the game! 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

no, quite the opposite as it clearly exposes the idiocy of having the referral determined by players

'going upstairs' in cricket is done while the ball is dead

at what point do you stop the game in football ?

It’s great to see such a game two fantastic teams, sets up the summer nicely, Roy should be in the test team.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

It’s great to see such a game two fantastic teams, sets up the summer nicely, Roy should be in the test team.

Yep, same opening pair for me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Enjoying every minute of this 😁

I particularly enjoyed the over-long, lingering shot of an extremely disgruntled Ricky Ponting sitting up on the balcony.

Bring on the Kiwis!

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I particularly enjoyed the over-long, lingering shot of an extremely disgruntled Ricky Ponting sitting up on the balcony.

Bring on the Kiwis!

Yep... what a difference a Roy makes😉

4 hours ago, Van wink said:

It will end up being a close game I reckon, if these two can hang in there till around 35 overs they will post a competitive score

not too bad a score after 32 overs either 😎

ha ha ha

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

no, quite the opposite as it clearly exposes the idiocy of having the referral determined by players

'going upstairs' in cricket is done while the ball is dead

at what point do you stop the game in football ?

I can't quite believe I'm agreeing with Bill but he's right. A referral system in football is completely unworkable.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

FMOB!! That was equally exiting and so much easier than I was expecting. Well done England.

• Like 1

How about Archer in the test team also? 

If you open with Roy and Bairstow then who bats number four?

How about 

Roy, Bairstow, Root, Northeast, Butler, Stokes, Curran, Rashid, Archer, Broad, Anderson to take on the Aussies in the Ashes?

Edited by keelansgrandad

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How about 

Roy, Bairstow, Root, Northeast, Butler, Stokes, Curran, Rashid, Archer, Broad, Anderson to take on the Aussies in the Ashes?

Not to mention Roots bowling is pretty tidy too.

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I can't quite believe I'm agreeing with Bill but he's right. A referral system in football is completely unworkable.

Well we’ll see how it all pans out next season as it’s happening in the Premiership. VAR will be in place and if the video ref decides to refer it to the on pitch referee he’ll make the decision.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How about 

I think we need to keep Bairstow further down the order for Test matches personally. Roy's a definite but I think we need to keep Bairstow back for the longer format. I'd go with (depending on pitch obviously): Roy, Burns, Root, Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes, Rashid, Archer, Broad, Anderson.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Well we’ll see how it all pans out next season as it’s happening in the Premiership. VAR will be in place and if the video ref decides to refer it to the on pitch referee he’ll make the decision.

...............and at what point in the game is it stopped

a disputed penalty claim with the ball being cleared up field, do you stop the game when the other team are on the attack....wait till the ball goes out of play... a goal ?

when ?

it is nonsense as most decisions are subjective, unlike cricket where the ball would have hit the stumps. the player was out of his crease etc

2 hours ago, Bill said:

oh dear 🤣

Missed the post where you predicted England would thrash Australia Billy. I’m sure you will make one up 😀

What a performance they was today, if we can keep the form up for the final I think we've got enough in the tank to smash New Zealand

2 hours ago, Bill said:

...............and at what point in the game is it stopped

a disputed penalty claim with the ball being cleared up field, do you stop the game when the other team are on the attack....wait till the ball goes out of play... a goal ?

when ?

it is nonsense as most decisions are subjective, unlike cricket where the ball would have hit the stumps. the player was out of his crease etc

It’s not up to me to decide but VAR is in use and will be up to the video & on field referee to decide! Daft question! 

Great stuff - this England side is excellent when when things click....it is still a bit too prone to crappy performances a la vs Pakistan and Sri Lanka, Scotland last year, but you have to hope it’ll be our year.

54 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s not up to me to decide but VAR is in use and will be up to the video & on field referee to decide! Daft question! 

what you mean is that your support for an idiot idea has just be blown apart

simply as it does not matter who decides as either you will have to stop play in progress or not

you don't appear to understand this rather basic flaw in ths idiocy that all these games will have 'instant' replays which will no longer be a question of whether a payer was lucky to be penalised, or unlucky not to be awarded a free kick/penaty etc

but why was VAR not brought in ?

and if the recent womens world cup is anything to go by then it's stupidity will be exposed very early on

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

what you mean is that your support for an idiot idea has just be blown apart

simply as it does not matter who decides as either you will have to stop play in progress or not

you don't appear to understand this rather basic flaw in ths idiocy that all these games will have 'instant' replays which will no longer be a question of whether a payer was lucky to be penalised, or unlucky not to be awarded a free kick/penaty etc

but why was VAR not brought in ?

and if the recent womens world cup is anything to go by then it's stupidity will be exposed very early on

No City 1st, I mean I want it to be fair, if the ref or umpire make a mistake which could lead in altering the course of a fair result then I’m all for using technology.......if it takes an additional few minutes that’s fine......but as I’ve said I have zero influence as you don’t, VaR is being used and it’ll be up to the video ref and referee to make that decision at the time of the match. Tough if you don’t like it, it’s happening next year in the premiership, end off!

Shame the final is at Lords. Far better atmosphere out in the counties, plus our record is not so good there I believe.