Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Branston Pickle

Cricket World Cup

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Interesting to see the Aussies wearing a kit that wouldn’t look out of place on our guys at FCR next season!

A69E96BD-33AA-4BB4-B2C7-44D1AE269942.jpeg

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aussie normally wear a more gold than yellow shirt like our shirts in 03/04 and the green is much darker. Am I being picky?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Certainly Aussie kits are meant to be ‘green and gold’ but looks more canary yellow from that pic. All the kits seem to be tinges of retro this year, following our lead 😉

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Mark Wood has gone off injured, which is a real worry.

On the up side, though, Paul Collingwood has come on as sub fielder! 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure Wood will be in our first XI but we still don’t want the back-up injured....it’s too late for replacements isn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can replace anyone because of injury at any point in the tournament, but the injured player can't then return later in the tournament. So it is like a permanent replacement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok - so Willey (will feel a bit messed about with but) will presumably come back in.  As a Kent supporter I’m annoyed my side has no one in, but happy for Denly to get some form for the Ashes playing for his County

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Certainly Aussie kits are meant to be ‘green and gold’ but looks more canary yellow from that pic. All the kits seem to be tinges of retro this year, following our lead 😉

From the photos I have seen it is definitely more City colours than Australian. Good on em. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent performance and what a catch by Stokes as well.

Felt like we could have scored a few more runs but the depth in our batting order is incredible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/05/2019 at 11:58, Branston Pickle said:

Ok - so Willey (will feel a bit messed about with but) will presumably come back in

Do you regularly mess about with your... oh never mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/05/2019 at 11:40, Feedthewolf said:

I see Mark Wood has gone off injured, which is a real worry.

On the up side, though, Paul Collingwood has come on as sub fielder! 😂😂😂

How the hell do you get injured standing around in a field and not moving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joffra Archer, a decent knock in the few balls he faced, then followed up with some excellent bowling

a voice shouted through the commentary window as England were all out " is that enough"

quite easily enough

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s Jofra! 

The unexpected beneficiary of England changing the residency rules!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill said:

Joffra Archer, a decent knock in the few balls he faced, then followed up with some excellent bowling

a voice shouted through the commentary window as England were all out " is that enough"

quite easily enough

 

311-8 is not all out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kick it off said:

How the hell do you get injured standing around in a field and not moving?

Sunburn?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Sunburn?

Boredom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By-the-by, I have a retro shirt that shows the bird on the club badge sitting on a twig.  When did that become a football (as is the current vogue)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wooster said:

By-the-by, I have a retro shirt that shows the bird on the club badge sitting on a twig.  When did that become a football (as is the current vogue)?

1973 I believe.  As a result of an EDP competition.  Always on a twig before.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Herman said:

Oh dear Pakistan. 

not getting your money's worth there, I'm afraid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hadnt really sparked to life yet, sadly - you don’t necessarily want scores of 400+ each game but nor do we want matches over almost before they’ve started!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2019 at 12:41, Bill said:

not getting your money's worth there, I'm afraid

Had my work planned, radio fully charged and thought I'd get a good days cricket and it was all over by 2pm. (Technically by lunch, just had to get through the formalities)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought England had blown this with a lacklustre morning in the field, but they are batting well enough now to make for an exciting finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Herman said:

I thought England had blown this with a lacklustre morning in the field, but they are batting well enough now to make for an exciting finish.

Buttler is out

England need 38 off 3 overs, with 4 wickets in hand...probably not going to get over the line, this time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just getting some traction and then 2 gone. Valiant effort from England but too much needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×