Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Play Off Final, European Finals & England Games

The season is over for our beloved Canaries but there’s still some really interesting games coming up and we still have a vibrant community posting on here. So I need your help…

One of our wonderfully generous PUPs has sent me five tenners so that we can have some fun with these games and hopefully add a little to the presentation pot for our brilliant DS football team. I know many of you follow these games more than I do so please help us out with a suggestion for outcomes from these games. We don’t need anything  too complicated. Who you think will win, or what the score will be? Who scores or even scores the first or last goal? Will there be extra time or penalties? Will there be a red card? Or any other suggestions of your own. I’m sure you all get the idea.

Please join in. I’m sure our established PUPs will get involved but Rays Funds is something for the whole community.  Nobody will lose anything because the money has been freely given for this purpose and nothing else.

We’ll start off with Monday’s play-off final Villa v Derby.

My suggestion is a goal for Bradley Johnson.

I'd be tempted by a highly speculative fivefold on Tranmere, Sunderland, Villa, Chelsea and Liverpool (to win overall, rather than in 90 minutes).

Also, a red card in the Charlton v Sunderland match looks a good bet - in the League One discipline table, Charlton finished 21st and Sunderland 23rd.

How about ten on the Play-off final going to penalties and Jed Steer saving one to get Villa promoted...

21 years ago it was 4-4 on penalties for Charlton v Sunderland. Charlton won on penalties. A certain Clive Mendonca stole the show.

A repeat would be spooky bit entertaining nonetheless

I’m thinking:

L2 playoff winners - Tranmere

L1 playoff winners - Charlton

Champs playoff winners - Aston Villa

Europa League - Arsenal

Chamos League - Spurs

I think I've put a tag on it hope that helps Kiwi. I didn't put it up in the normal way because I wanted it to be clearer that PUPs is something everyone can join in.

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think I've put a tag on it hope that helps Kiwi. I didn't put it up in the normal way because I wanted it to be clearer that PUPs is something everyone can join in.

Ahh I just thought PUPs might miss it

• Like 1

Kiwi, could you make the final picks for the play off final?  Sunday evening would be good if it's ok with you. Just choose some of the suggestions and of course your own. It's a tenner as usual and you can split it any way you like.

That will show everyone how this all works. 

Grealish to score and Villa to win in 90 minutes. 6-1 with William Hill.

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'd be tempted by a highly speculative fivefold on Tranmere, Sunderland, Villa, Chelsea and Liverpool (to win overall, rather than in 90 minutes).

Also, a red card in the Charlton v Sunderland match looks a good bet - in the League One discipline table, Charlton finished 21st and Sunderland 23rd.

That’s a good shout.....I tend to agree.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Kiwi, could you make the final picks for the play off final?  Sunday evening would be good if it's ok with you. Just choose some of the suggestions and of course your own. It's a tenner as usual and you can split it any way you like.

That will show everyone how this all works. 

Sure no problem. I'll try not to choose to many stupid ones as we are here to raise cash. Btw what are the odds for a streaker?

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Haha 1

Morning everyone. Anyone like to suggestion an outcome for the Playoff final? I'll look to post my selections around Sunday evening. So lets hope.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So can anyone join in this, or is it just for the people who played all season? If it's the former, how does it all work?

We'd love you to join in. PUPs is for all.

How it works is you make a suggestion for an outcome from Monday's play off final. What you the result will be or what the score will be or who will be a goal scorer. Or any of the outcomes listed : -

https://www.bet365.com/?cb=10881717137#/AC/B1/C1/D8/E80710810/F3/G0/H0/I1/P^13/Q^37712247

Don't worry about betting or odds or anything like that because the money is freely given for this and anything we get will be profit. Just say what you think is most likely to happen. Then KiwiScot will select from all the suggestions tomorrow evening.

Then we'll do the same again for the European finals and England games.

For one of these future games I'd love for you to have a go at the final picks. Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man would look brilliant on Ray's signature. Ray would have loved that too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wooster said:

Grealish to be first goal scorer, 9/1.

He's 11/1 now wooster and he's also 11/1 to score the last goal.

Might be worth a go on each - bonus if there's only one goal. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

We'd love you to join in. PUPs is for all.

How it works is you make a suggestion for an outcome from Monday's play off final. What you the result will be or what the score will be or who will be a goal scorer. Or any of the outcomes listed : -

https://www.bet365.com/?cb=10881717137#/AC/B1/C1/D8/E80710810/F3/G0/H0/I1/P^13/Q^37712247

Don't worry about betting or odds or anything like that because the money is freely given for this and anything we get will be profit. Just say what you think is most likely to happen. Then KiwiScot will select from all the suggestions tomorrow evening.

Then we'll do the same again for the European finals and England games.

For one of these future games I'd love for you to have a go at the final picks. Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man would look brilliant on Ray's signature. Ray would have loved that too.

OK, cool. Cheers for the info and the hospitality.

In that case, I'll go for the match to be decided by penalties at 5/1.

I'll use these games as a warm up to get involved next season.

• Like 2

Come the game, just to remind ourselves it will be a final between two teams that finished 18 and 20 points respectively behind the actual Champions. Why do they get a trophy again?

That Tranmere captain is quite a specimen. To think he could be playing at the same level as Ipswich Town in a few months time.

• Like 1