Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Play Off Final, European Finals & England Games

Over 2.5 goals and Spurs to win, or over 2.5 goals and Liverpool to win. Fence sitting.ย 

Good luck.ย 

Iโ€™ve been away from the forum for a bit and missed this thread. What an excellentย idea, hope itโ€™s not too late to join in.

Iโ€™m thinking 3-1 to Liverpool as I think their past experience will help them.ย 

Good luck everyone with your picks.

I'll put on the best from the selection of I've seen, based on my gut instinct:

Tottenham and BTTS: ยฃ4

Liverpool and BTTS: ยฃ4

Draw/Tottenham: ยฃ1

van Dijk to score: ยฃ1

A bit more of a high risk, 'all or nothing' approach compared to the others... Let's see how it goes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'll put on the best from the selection of I've seen, based on my gut instinct:

Tottenham and BTTS: ยฃ4

Liverpool and BTTS: ยฃ4

Draw/Tottenham: ยฃ1

van Dijk to score: ยฃ1

A bit more of a high risk, 'all or nothing' approach compared to the others... Let's see how it goes.

I love the strategy Wacky. I've placed them to our best advantage and we have : -

Totten๏ปฟham and BTTS

ยฃ4 Bet 365

13/2

ยฃ30.00

Liverpool and BTTS

ยฃ4 Bet 365

13/5

ยฃ14.40

Draw/Tottenham

ยฃ1 Bet 365

8/1

ยฃ9.00

Van Dijk to score

ยฃ1 Bet 365

9/1

ยฃ10.00

I think they all refer to 90 mins.

Good luck WWIAFTM and all you PUPs๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Like 1

Not good - itโ€™s a shame the goal was as early as it was, as it has spoiled things a bit. ย Liverpool havenโ€™t had to do much and appear to be -ย letโ€™s call it - โ€˜managingโ€™ time at every opportunity.ย 

i heard that this was going to be a great game with loads of goals. I may have fallen for the hype.

Frankly its a load of tripe. What are these two teams champions of? It needs to revert back to how it was with only the champions of each nation getting through with a straight knock out format. If you are good enough you get through. If the big teams want a break away, fine - the condition is you never return to your domestic league, cup competitions - I could go further but this format is so boring with the same teams getting through - give me Viking Stavanger v Trabsonspor or HJK Helsinki v Metalurgs any day....

• Like 3

The Champions of Watching Paint Dry.

Reminds me of the Danny Mills quote on Sven Goran Eriksson "We needed Winston Churchill at half time, we got Ian Duncan Smith".

Poor game - perhaps it was the fact theyโ€™d not played for 3 weeks? ย Still, at least the second goal looks likely to spare usย extra time.

What a strange game boring as hell.

Spurs disappointing pressure on and intensity was low, I was left wondering how they got there in the first place.

We have been really spoiled this season and i did not fully realise till I satย through that tripe this evening.

Looking at the both of them, it should be an easy 12 points next season.๐Ÿ˜‰

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Looking at the both of them, it should be an easy 12 points next season.๐Ÿ˜‰

You say that partly in jest Iโ€™mย sure, but thereโ€™s a little part of me that thinks we are capable of giving most of the PL a good test. Iโ€™m not a betting man, but I may stick a tenner on us finishing top four/six? next season. The odds should be good.

ย Iโ€™m sure reality will set in pretty soon when the season starts, but itโ€™s nice to dream.

• Like 1

Unlucky Wacky. It was a strange game and certainly didn't work out how I expected.ย 

We're back again after the weekend for the England game on Thursday. Icecream, Fuzzar, Branston, Herman, Canary73, Kick It Off, Fromage, Nuff, we will need you guys to help us. ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You say that partly in jest Iโ€™mย sure, but thereโ€™s a little part of me that thinks we are capable of giving most of the PL a good test. Iโ€™m not a betting man, but I may stick a tenner on us finishing top four/six? next season. The odds should be good.

ย Iโ€™m sure reality will set in pretty soon when the season starts, but itโ€™s nice to dream.

I don't want to put the mockers on us, but we have the basis of a team that can hold its own in the Prem. Get a few good results at the beginning, keep our confidence level high and I feel we could surprise a few people.

ย 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Unlucky Wacky. It was a strange game and certainly didn't work out how I expected.

Yes unlucky Wacky, but with so many possibilities to create the the final result sometimes its just get lucky on the day. Better luck next time.

No sorrys on here Wacky. We will add funds through you being here and taking part. The wins are just the icing on the cake. ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ‘

So the next leg is England away at The Netherlands on Thursday.ย 

I'm going to suggest that the game is decided by penalty kicks.

Step up you wonderful posters. We need you.๐Ÿ™ƒ

I'll stick my oar in , Nutty.

Over 3.5 goals looks good, judging by the teams last results.๐Ÿ‘

Edited by Herman
Missed comma.
  • Like 1