Feedthewolf

Official summer timewasting thread

20 hours ago, kick it off said:

Nah, it's a doddle mate. Dead easy, your life will not change one iota.... 😉 Congratulations buddy! 🙂

Well if he picks up on my love of cricket and support for the Eagles...

A wonderful summer of cricket ahead. Dislike the football team with a passion but will make my way to Grace road in the coming months . 

A shame  Norfolk don’t have a first class side considering the size of the county . 

12 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I'm clearly with the wrong crowd, Majorca, Portugal, Spain, China?... and here's me, slumming it with a trip to Fiji, again. 

Fantastic, if you’re going to Fiji, then look out for some of these...

(and congratulations King Canary!)

F9CE5B10-76C5-40B0-9BA1-307E041E9C17.jpeg

22 hours ago, king canary said:

My first child is due early August, think that might keep me busy.

Congrats kc. 🎉

You'll be fine - the first 20 years are the worst! 🤭

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Congrats kc. 🎉

Agreed, your waistline grows, your wallet shrinks and all your hair falls out....... and that's just the good news. 

• Haha 2

On 24/05/2019 at 17:24, kick it off said:

Just to answer your point, I'm utterly ambivalent and am likely to become even more so as the world cup comes up. In fact, I actually hope that the whole thing is rubbish and England get knocked out early, as that way the rest of us will avoid being bored to tears by the media.

For the record, a game that takes several days to play cannot be classed as a sport - it is a sedentary activity (and barely even hits the activity mark).

I just don't understand how anyone can find any joy in cricket at all.

On topic of the thread, I will mostly be killing time by dodging any mention of cricket, planning for a house move, and going to China for a few weeks in the summer (although that's not until right at the end of the off-season tbf)

Philistine!🏏😻😎

• Like 2

On 24/05/2019 at 11:42, Feedthewolf said:

I suggest we all share our ideas on how to help the time pass over the next couple of months... it's going to be a loooong summer waiting for the Premier League fun to start. Here's a couple for starters:

* Go and see the Vikings exhibition at Norwich Castle Museum. It's really good, and if you look carefully among the old coins you can just about make out a heavily weathered ITFC cup winner's medal

I went to the castle museum last summer for the first time in probably ten or fifteen years and had forgotten how good bits of it are - especially for kids. Have they started the renovation of the keep yet?

Cricket for me mostly as well. Couple of World Cup games, unfortunately not got any Ashes tickets though - ominous start yesterday! 

It's a good time for a bit of culture in that there London if you like that sort of thing. The weather is good, the trains are finally running properly and the museums are putting on some very good shows.

Vincent Van Gogh at the Tate is excellent. The man WAS a genius.

Edvard Munch at the British Museum is also very good. Another genius and an exihibition that shows The Scream wasn't his best work.

A Manga exhibition starting at the BM. I know nothing about this art form so would be good to find out more.

Da Vinci at the Queen's gallery. Another genius.

• Like 1

I went to the castle museum last summer for the first time in probably ten or fifteen years and had forgotten how good bits of it are - especially for kids. Have they started the renovation of the keep yet?

Cricket for me mostly as well. Couple of World Cup games, unfortunately not got any Ashes tickets though - ominous start yesterday! 

Yep, it's well under way - they've removed pretty much all the artefacts from it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, it's well under way - they've removed pretty much all the artefacts from it.

Would that include a couple of very old trophies from Suffolk?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Did they find the original software for this 'new, improved' messageboard.

13 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Would that include a couple of very old trophies from Suffolk?

I believe they found an FA Cup winner's medal in among all the hacksilver and Danegeld in the Viking exhibition.

I completely forgot my summer project too! Mainly because it's mostly done. But I've always wanted a 'toy' car for weekends etc and more specifically I've wanted to own a rotary. So I bought a Mazda Rx8.

Absolutely brilliant fun now I've sorted the mechanical and engine issues out. Got some bodykit spraying to do and some other paintwork tidying.

Then I've got a Sports CAT and stainless exhaust to go on. Hoping to have all done by the end of next month.

"But I've always wanted a 'toy' car for weekends etc and more specifically I've wanted to own a rotary. So I bought a Mazda Rx8."

What a Wankel! 👍🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

On 25/05/2019 at 14:55, Drazen Muzinic said:

Congrats kc. 🎉

And the next 20 years they won't speak to you.

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

And the next 20 years they won't speak to you.

Except when they want to borrow the car. 🚘

A few fishing trips out of Dana Point for yellowtail tuna and lots of rockfish, maybe a few sand bass too - all good eat'n. No cricket, so some Oakland baseball games to fall asleep to...

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

A few fishing trips out of Dana Point for yellowtail tuna and lots of rockfish, maybe a few sand bass too - all good eat'n. No cricket, so some Oakland baseball games to fall asleep to...

Talking of Oakland baseball- have you seen the 'Unauthorised Bash Brothers Story' on Netflix. Utterly bizarre.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Talking of Oakland baseball- have you seen the 'Unauthorised Bash Brothers Story' on Netflix. Utterly bizarre.

Went to a baseball game in Houston a while ago, never been so bored in my life,  spectactors seemed to spend all their time eating

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Went to a baseball game in Houston a while ago, never been so bored in my life,  spectactors seemed to spend all their time eating

Not all bad then.

26 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I think this is what attracts Muricans to it whereas cricket attracts pi55-artists.

Like me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I think this is what attracts Muricans to it whereas cricket attracts pi55-artists.

Like me.

I'm a big American Football fan and watch a bit of basketball but even for me Baseball is too boring.

On 27/05/2019 at 19:48, Feedthewolf said:

They're cheeky f£ckers though.. Showed my best mate from Brum around a few weeks ago. Paid for entry and then the 'helpful' receptionist informs me there's not a lot to see in the keep as they'd moved it all to storage...

It was just the art galleries and dungeons to see. I mean it was good, but for £15 without all the interesting stuff in the keep and the basement it's certainly not as good as before.

Once they make it how it was in Norman Anglia it'll be great though.

I should probably leave this on Trip Advisor, kill two birds...