Icecream Snow

"Kings of Anglia" - Could the Binners get anymore tinpot?

Was it about 25 years ago Frank?

Edited by Rivvo
Spooling errers

Never quite sure whether Luton is classed as "Anglia" ??....it was for the purposes of Match of the Week with Gerry Harrison in the 80's (showing my age!).

....if they are, then our friends on the worse side of the waveney can squabble it out with Peterborough and Southend as to who is currently in 3rd position

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

This one is just embarassing. Surely they don't still actually believe their sh1tty little club with 12,000 fans and third tier football is remembered by anyone outside Suffolk?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/459307/i-can-just-imagine-the-phone-call/#15

Schoolboy stuff.

Rather stupid actually and one or two other posters pointed this out to be fair.

• Like 1

There's a lot of w!llie waving over there. A non stop competition between some of them to show how they hate us more than the next poster. 

This WarktheWark fella is a prime example, to compose this nonsense shows he's either unemployed with too much time on his hands or he's an attention seeker, some on there have told him as much. 

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

This one is just embarassing. Surely they don't still actually believe their sh1tty little club with 12,000 fans and third tier football is remembered by anyone outside Suffolk?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/459307/i-can-just-imagine-the-phone-call/#15

Indeed...can anyone recall off the top of their head who won the UEFA cup in 1980 or 1982?.....not me...and thats exactly what fans in every other country would think if you threw 1981 in with that aswell...

Well. I got that wrong by saying it was "schoolboy" stuff.

That ArnieM character is now claiming the masterpiece. A middle aged spinster who, I'm told, has an unnatural obsession with all things NCFC.

CA knows more about her than I.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Lots of threads on there about James Norwood. Why are they getting so excited about him?

28 and limited league experience. I don't get it.

28 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Lots of threads on there about James Norwood. Why are they getting so excited about him?

They're trying to be us from 10 years ago. They see him as their Grant Holt. None of them have seen him play, they just see ageing striker who's scored a lot of goals in L2 = must be Grant Holt mk2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I've watched the League One and League Two playoffs games, and he's looked the best player on the pitch. He's got good shooting technique, doesn't get knocked off the ball, and makes intelligent runs.

Seems like a late bloomer, or someone who didn't get his act together soon enough. With decent service he'd score 20+ goals a season in League One.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

I've watched the League One and League Two playoffs games, and he's looked the best player on the pitch. He's got good shooting technique, doesn't get knocked off the ball, and makes intelligent runs.

Seems like a late bloomer, or someone who didn't get his act together soon enough. With decent service he'd score 20+ goals a season in League One.

If he's as good as you say he is then, following his exposure in a play-off final at Wembley he is bound to attract more lucrative interest than Paul Lambert's ITFC can possibly offer him.

As to their Grant Holt comparison, Holty arrived at Norwich having fairly consistently played at a higher level than Norwood surely?

I'll guess that the binners are pissing against the wind as usual.

Edited by BroadstairsR

21 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

They're trying to be us from 10 years ago. They see him as their Grant Holt. None of them have seen him play, they just see ageing striker who's scored a lot of goals in L2 = must be Grant Holt mk2. 

There'll NEVER be another Holty.

On 23/05/2019 at 23:06, Icecream Snow said:

Surprisingly not a parody. "Only" £3.99

image.thumb.png.9864e8ea1eff2c8e83c219bc51dbb4f2.png

That is nothing short of hilarious! Surely it must be a parody?! That Ip****e bus at the bottom is comedy gold 🤦🏻‍♂️

I had to Google this guy - he played 17 games for the Binners 1999-2001 - I'd never heard of him.

image.png.0cfa4671681c3823e3c1830212c17840.png

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

Someone needs to tip off Have I Got News For You for the round when they ridicule a sad self-obsessed niche hobbyist magazine...

"This week's guest publication is Ipswich Town fan magazine 'Kings Of Anglia'. The last King of East Anglia ruled in 918AD, which is ironically close to the year Ipswich last celebrated winning anything."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I had to Google this guy - he played 17 games for the Binners 1999-2001 - I'd never heard of him.

image.png.0cfa4671681c3823e3c1830212c17840.png

On their site it has " We catch up with former Town star Luciano Civelli, who has a bit of a dark tale to tell. But he has found peace at last now. "

Which I guess is a story promoting mental health issues, which is a positive thing, and I'm not going to rip on them for that.

But I still think the rest of the magazine is tinpot.