Icecream Snow

"Kings of Anglia" - Could the Binners get anymore tinpot?

They just don't get it.

They never will get it.

They are in total denial and have been for years now. 

So besotted with their so-called History, which amounted to just three trophies in the distant past, that they are unable to face reality. 

Stars, statues and nonsense like that are all they are concerned with, on a daily basis.

"Kings of Anglia," my a r se.

I didn’t know that “Anglia” meant “Suffolk” ??

Then again King (and later Saint) Edmund was murdered by those nasty northerner Vikings in Bury, so we can see where their current identification as oppressed losers comes from.

Edited by Surfer

JC Penny used to be a big store chain....

Atari used to be a big computer gaming company....

Pan Am used to be a big airline....

ITFC one day will simply used to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

£3.99! Is this weekly, monthly or whenever they can cobble together some old pictures and come up with a fresh angle of a game that they won, sometime in the last Century?

57 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

JC Penny used to be a big store chain....

Atari used to be a big computer gaming company....

Pan Am used to be a big airline....

ITFC one day will simply used to be.

I would not swap their past for our future. Bleak doesn't even begin to describe it. We were insanely lucky when we went down that our manager performed a minor miracle and got us back up straight away, then repeated the dose to get us in the Prem, because without that second promotion, we were still in the mire.  And the irony is of course lost on noone that Ip****e could be insanely unlucky with that same man in charge...

The massed ranks of their  11000 season ticket holders, yes a whole 11000 will be rushing out to buy one.

yes you did read it right 11000 season ticket holders 

😂😂😂😂

Edited by M the Canary

Embarassing for them to want to have a magazine title aimed at having a pop at their former rivals up the road rather than any relevance to the here and now. Still, flogging a few tickets for "A Night With Ian Cranson" will make them feel better about themselves.

image.png.a27440448a2b4b4f147019bed3a6a75c.png

Or it might not.

What an underwhelming strapline!

I can see other magazines following suit.

Radio Times - Final series of Game of Thrones might be OK!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

image.png.a27440448a2b4b4f147019bed3a6a75c.png

Or it might not.

What an underwhelming strapline!

I can see other magazines following suit.

Radio Times - Final series of Game of Thrones might be OK!

Well that image isn't right, that away buss is far to full 😂

Love how they have put about the diary of a tractor girl under the picture of Dozzell and clearly not all of their 11k season tickets holders are hardened fans as they have 'fans' experienced League 1 😂😂

8 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

"diary of a tractor girl" sounds a interesting thing to read. 

Is it like Debbie does Dallas ?

• Haha 2

Don't worry, they've already decided that last season and the one to follow was a triumph for them whilst it was, and will be, a disaster for us.

Them-charismatic manager who loves and 'gets' the club and who has brought the fans and club together, owner who is going to make at least £5 million available for transfers this summer & a team of canny signings and exciting youngsters who will storm to League One success by May, charming everyone in the game & media en-route, a club re-born and revitalised.

Us-Coach and DOF who will be off at the first chance they get, no money to spend, a squad that will have been cherry picked clean by the start of the season and many a thrashing to come as we tumble to an embarrassing relegation with accompanying administration and contempt all round from those in the game who wonder why we didn't do things the Ipswich way?

Posted this to FB a couple of nights ago. 😂

Tinpot w**kery at it's utter worst!

Someone commented with "Free 2019/20 season ticket inside!"

9 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Posted this to FB a couple of nights ago. 😂

Tinpot w**kery at it's utter worst!

Someone commented with "Free 2019/20 season ticket inside!"

Now now Lawro, no need to swear about your nearest and dearest...

In fairness to them, going down to L1 might be the best thing that's happened to them in a long while. Not using the Norwich example since our situation was different, but it might give them the impetus to shake things up a bit, allow Lambert more freedom in creating a team in his mould and bring in some of their youth players which, from my limited knowledge of their youth setup, are supposedly pretty good.

The Ipswich Town obsession with the past is farcical but when you've just been relegated finishing absolute bottom you have to hold on to something!

I don't think it'll be a walk in the park for them but they'll sniff play offs I would think if Lambert can get them going. I think both entities need that fresh start. I mean, don't get me wrong, if they properly stuffed it and ended hurtling towards L2 it'd be mildly amusing but I'm just of a mindset that Ipswich are very much 'meh' right now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Now now Lawro, no need to swear about your nearest and dearest...

In fairness to them, going down to L1 might be the best thing that's happened to them in a long while. Not using the Norwich example since our situation was different, but it might give them the impetus to shake things up a bit, allow Lambert more freedom in creating a team in his mould and bring in some of their youth players which, from my limited knowledge of their youth setup, are supposedly pretty good.

The Ipswich Town obsession with the past is farcical but when you've just been relegated finishing absolute bottom you have to hold on to something!

I don't think it'll be a walk in the park for them but they'll sniff play offs I would think if Lambert can get them going. I think both entities need that fresh start. I mean, don't get me wrong, if they properly stuffed it and ended hurtling towards L2 it'd be mildly amusing but I'm just of a mindset that Ipswich are very much 'meh' right now.

I'm not sure about this 'Lawro' name... Hmm... I feel like you either know me and know what my middle name is or you're tryna compare me to Mark Lawrenson in which case... waaahhhhh 😂

As Lambert says, Norwich were promoted because they already had Championship players, something that can't be said of 1p5wich. 

We had Holt, Wes and Chrissy Martin, they have no one even close, we had Fraser Forster in goal and their Goalie is trying to get away, I could go on but it's clear, when you break it down, they are kidding themselves if they think they're anywhere near ready to be promoted. 

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

I'm not sure about this 'Lawro' name... Hmm... I feel like you either know me and know what my middle name is or you're tryna compare me to Mark Lawrenson in which case... waaahhhhh 😂

Hahaha. I'm soooo calling you Lawro from now on.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hahaha. I'm soooo calling you Lawro from now on.

Arrggghhhh! Yeah turns out that Half Ar5ed was indeed who I thought it was!

I have so many bloody nicknames now... 😂

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

As Lambert says, Norwich were promoted because they already had Championship players, something that can't be said of 1p5wich. 

We had Holt, Wes and Chrissy Martin, they have no one even close, we had Fraser Forster in goal and their Goalie is trying to get away, I could go on but it's clear, when you break it down, they are kidding themselves if they think they're anywhere near ready to be promoted. 

I think those comments by PL should be to-hand, ready for quoting back at the binners.  They were:

“When Norwich were in League One they had Championship players. That’s the difference. You could go through them all – Holt, Hoolahan, Daryl Russell, Chrisy Martin, Fraser Forster, Russell Martin.  They were top players who all knew they were better players than League One.  All they had to do was gel together, get a wee bit of momentum and get out the league.”

52 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Kings of Anglia is flying off the shelves......It's apparently most excellent as loft insulation......

I would use it in a much more base way but it would only to serve to smear rather than absorb - a bit like that shiny white stuff at school. 💩

2 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Don't worry about it Lawro, there's always people on here looking to take the p*ss with cheap, repeated jokes and comments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don't worry about it Lawro, there's always people on here looking to take the p*ss with cheap, repeated jokes and comments.

Turns out HAH knows me! Yep... Middle name is Lawrence... First name Robert... Hence the 'BobLoz'