Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

How injury prone is Hughes?

Is it me or does Hughes seem to get injured every time he plays?? We seem to be going back to the Norwich of old when injuries to key players (I''m not including Hughes here!! ;-)) blighted our season! We definitely need to sign some midfielders in jan. Robinson and Hughes are very ordinary - Etuhu is a good player but Worthy needs to work hard to get the best from him! Lets spend some money bringing in some quality! I''d like to see Jarret given a go too! He was good against Inter Milan. Ok he''s had his bad performances but Worthy hasn''t exactly done much to help his confidence! Those who questioned his commitment to Norwich though need to remember he turned down a chance to play with Wigan in the Prem to join us. He must have wanted to come here. If he''s a bit hacked off and disillusioned now I''m not really surprised. I hope he has a great loan spell at Plymouth, gets match fit and then Worthy gives him a chance!!

im not bothered. I think it was ridiculous that we signed him while trying to demonstrate "premiership ambitions". i dont rate him at all and they should give someone else a go such as Jarvis

[quote user="Northern Canary"]im not bothered. I think it was ridiculous that we signed him while trying to demonstrate "premiership ambitions". i dont rate him at all and they should give someone else a go such as Jarvis[/quote]

Are you talking about signing Jarrett or Hughes??? I''m guessing you mean Rossi rather than Ryan Jarvis?? Have you seen Rossi play? He looked ok against Inter but I''m not sure he''s quite ready to be thrown in at the deep end yet. It can ruin young players. I''m all for blooding young homegrown talent but you have to be careful! I think bringing him on from the bench would be a good start!

I have no idea why Worthy was so keen to bring in Hughes. Yes he has energy but sadly not enough to compensate for other flaws in his game! Worthington seems to like that kind of all energy player though. Lets find one who''s skillful as well in january - that seems a sensible combination to me!!

Agreed - I would never actively wish an injury on a player especially a fractured cheekbone which must be incredibly painful! With Safri going away in Jan to the African Nations it might force us to bring in a quality midfielder which will benefit us in the longrun!!

He''s a great bloke,good for team morale but as a player unfortunately he hasn''t stood out and so probably wont be missed muc. But get well soon.

I have not seen Rossi Jarvis play but hopefully i will get the chance to see him soon. Our midfield signings were awful and have been for a while, this injury and Safris absence in January will hopefully force the club to buy a good player

He is prone to regular bouts of ''the clap.'' After every match actually. Apparently the stretcher bearers refused his request to carry him back the long way round the running track so he could applaud everyone as he left.