Amazes me that he still has a job as he's a useless presenter, having said that so are the rest of them and I gave up listening to it when Adrian Durham lost the plot and Darren Gough became a football expert 🤦🏻‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I fear I might be a bit old for that Nuff 😎

I’m 53, how old is too old?

15 minutes ago, hampton canary said:

If Alan (who ate all the pies) Brazil had said Ipswich were one of the bigger sides in League 1 then he would be correct.

I think Portsmouth and Sunderland (if they fail in the play-offs) might have something to say about that. Even Bolton won the FA Cup 4 times.

He does seem to be the epitome of what can happen when a sportsman/woman stops training!

As to the rest, who cares less - history is just that; if you want to go judging things by what sides have won in a completely different era then off you go.  The fact is quite simple, we’ll be playing PL football next season while they are in L1. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

8 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That looks like one of those photo shoots of a guy who lost 12stone standing against a cut out of him before he lost weight.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Gotta love Mick,  the only ex manager to extract the urine out of his previous   club. Most are far too bumlickykissypants. 'grateful for the opportunity, always be a special club to me, loved my time there etc etc'. 

What absolute mugs they were to get rid of him.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fact hunt:

1.Norwich City have just won promotion from the Championship. 

2. Mr Brazil might well have the bigger overalls.

3. No one in their right mind would swap our future for theirs. 

When your best personality trait is getting drunk at 10am on a regular basis you know you're not exactly the most respected person around.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

When your best personality trait is getting drunk at 10am on a regular basis you know you're not exactly the most respected person around.

here is poor old bunter down the nick after a bit of D & D

9 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Well, if you're angling for a statue, this isn't a bad way to go about it. 

There's not enough raw material in East Anglia to build one of these and it would block out the sun in most of the Western Hemisphere.

• Haha 3

Ipswich do have a bigger stadium and better history than us overall, but:

• We've been having far bigger attendances than them
  • They haven't beaten us since 2009, whilst in the 2010-11 season we did the double over them with a 9-2 score on aggregate
  • Over the past decade I feel we have been the better side - that time when they were a strong team was back in the 1970s - 80s

What's Brazil going to say if next season we make Europe, Ipswich get relegated to League Two and then the National League the season after that?

2 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Ipswich do have a bigger stadium and better history than us overall, but:

• We've been having far bigger attendances than them
  • They haven't beaten us since 2009, whilst in the 2010-11 season we did the double over them with a 9-2 score on aggregate
  • Over the past decade I feel we have been the better side - that time when they were a strong team was back in the 1970s - 80s

What's Brazil going to say if next season we make Europe, Ipswich get relegated to League Two and then the National League the season after that?

"Can I get chips with that?"

"Make it a double."

"I haven't seen my c0ck in 20 years."

• Haha 2

They can sneer all they like obout our League Cup and Euro campaigns, but their Euro win was against Alkmaar for goodness sake, at least we beat Bayern Munich. And even Sunderland is a bigger club than Alkmaar.... (we also lost several Euro seasons to the Liverpool induced ban on English clubs) 

Edited by Surfer

On 23/05/2019 at 13:20, Graham Paddons Beard said:

If anyone ever wanted an example of the depths that the Radio media can plunge to , this is it. A man who's brand on the whole station is based around how much he drinks is pathetic. Add in "The Moose" - who apparently bases his brand on how much he eats (this is brilliant isn't it? ) and you have plunged to a level that frankly should be ashamed of its self. 

I listen to H and J on occasions (I think they are funny) but I'd rather crash the car than listen to the other rubbish , punctuated by adverts aimed at "White Van Man" -  a ridiculous stereotype in itself. 

I'm beginning to despair about what you can listen to on the Radio. BBC leaves me to believe I am a guilty minority because I am a white, hetero, middle aged male without a huge agenda , so of no interest to them,  or the sort of click bait rubbish that these herberts serve up on Talk Sh1te. 

The third option where I live is Radio Suffolk. Which of course isn't an option. 

Surely Radio Suffolk and whatever their version of canary call is called has been golden radio this season.

If we take away all the manic reactionary things I would like to say. We're left sith the whole point of a "big club" debate is completely subjective.

Are Ipswich a bigger club? Sure, why not, they HAVE won more than us, even though I wasn't alive for any of it, I can acknowledge that. (Although they will never acknowledge how cringy the three stars are. If united, madrid, bayern etc, used a star as liberally as Ipswich, it would cover their entire shirt.)

Would I trade what we've witnessed over the last decade and a half, to go back in time and fix it so Norwich won more trophies before I was born? Would I f***.

I don't go around the US Every 4 years bragging about englands world cup win that predated me by 20odd some years. Because that would make me look like an idiot.

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

They can sneer all they like obout our League Cup and Euro campaigns, but their Euro win was against Alkmaar for goodness sake, at least we beat Bayern Munich. And even Sunderland is a bigger club than Alkmaar.... (we also lost several Euro seasons to the Liverpool induced ban on English clubs) 

Yes, Ipswich's Cup win in Europe was the second-tier competition, the UEFA Cup, not the proper competition, the European Cup, therefore, Europe's best were already in the competition above that in which Ipswich competed.

Also to put fatty Brazil correct, Norwich won the League Cup twice.

Furthermore, no one, including bouncing-Brazil, has defined "big" with regards to football clubs. Until a definition is given and agreed upon, talk about biggest clubs is merely subjective.

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Theyre fortunate that their sustained successful period of late 70s early 80s allowed them to compete in europe in the first place...and didnt coincide with a european ban .

Of our unbroken top division campaigns of 9 seasons between 86-95, it could be argued this was our most succesful period in our history

3rd/4th/5th place finishes, a league cup win , 2 FA Cup semi finals....but only one european campaign when it should have been 4....at a time when English clubs were strong in europe.

Who knows how successful we would have been or otherwise...but it would have been nice to find out

....lets just say I hope Spurs smash Liverpool next weekend

Lol.....6 or 7 different threads on TWTD agonizing as to whether or not they can prize a striker away from Tranmere f##king Rovers.....and Brazil has the temerity to suggest they are the bigger club?!? 😁😁

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

22 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Theyre fortunate that their sustained successful period of late 70s early 80s allowed them to compete in europe in the first place...and didnt coincide with a european ban .

Of our unbroken top division campaigns of 9 seasons between 86-95, it could be argued this was our most succesful period in our history

3rd/4th/5th place finishes, a league cup win , 2 FA Cup semi finals....but only one european campaign when it should have been 4....at a time when English clubs were strong in europe.

Who knows how successful we would have been or otherwise...but it would have been nice to find out

....lets just say I hope Spurs smash Liverpool next weekend

I was always under the impression that Norwich missed out on a number of European campaigns but, according to Wiki, Norwich only missed out on 1, for the League Cup win in '85:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984–85_Football_League#Final_league_tables_and_results

They didn't qualify in '87, missing out by 1 place:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986–87_Football_League#Final_league_tables_and_results

They also didn't qualify in '89, again missing out by 1 place:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988–89_Football_League#Final_table