Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The inner game of football

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:01, Bill said:

You'll upset (and confuse) quite a lot on here who tell us it is all about formations, and how many you can fit on top while someone is swimming the channels wearing a false sized number 10 out fit.... blah blah

However this is nothing new as managers having been doing this for yonks - see Alf Ramsay, Revie, Saunders etc. Look at what Ewan Roberts said about the Championship winning team.

And we well saw the opposite of that when we came down last time. There was not that 'togetherness' with what appeared to be obvious disagreement in the squad.

Have read up of what Souness recently said about the bollox that is 'formations'. Stuff that I had drummed into me in my early years... by ex pros.

Otherwise cheers for that LDC, and thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Good read Lakey. I think there is a lot in this, and one area of real excitement is whether the young players can maintain this behaviour of "no fear" relaxation in games. I think we saw the opposite to this come into play during our 4 draws, in particular the reaction after the Stoke game - when promotion or the possibility of not achieving it got  into the players heads.

By the way City First , is Ewan Roberts any relation of Iwan?