Sign in to follow this  
JackChapman1

New to the Forum.

3 hours ago, Rivvo said:

Correcting people's spelling mistakes is often dangerous ground.

Especially when you then go on to call Parma Palma...

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Especially when you then go on to call Parma Palma...

He’s been called worse 😉

7 hours ago, ricardo said:

Welcome Jack

My tip is never post when drunk🍺

And hesitate even when sober

😉

👍

😄

7 hours ago, ricardo said:

Welcome Jack

My tip is never post when drunk🍺

And hesitate even when sober

😉

Cheers for the Advice mate, ill try to stick to it. 😂🥃🍻

On 21/05/2019 at 20:40, JackChapman1 said:

Hi everyone, ive just joined the forum and was curious

if there's anything I should know about the community.

I was wondering as many seem to have been active here for many years,

Thanks, Jack.

Nutty's always right.

2 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Nutty's always right.

‘Nutty Nigel’ is a great man. If you met him then you’d know this. Behave 👍

Beware of Nutty Nigel,you'll end up in a bromance.😍👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Edited by Inch High aka Inchy..

Also, never attempt to even suggest that Tim Krul is not really a very good goalkeeper, or the wrath of the messageboard puritans will descend upon thy head, because clearly you can't be a real supporter if you even remotely criticise anyone for anything.

And you must be a binner.

• Haha 1

But you then spelt Parma as Palma, which was the reason for my post 😃

On the subject of spelling....I hate spelling words wrong and dont like seeing it anywhere else - it's just lazy imo as you can check spellings of words so easily. 

On grammar, things like using "of" in sentences as in "could of" is just rancidly bad, but so many people seem to do it. Ffs - it's "could've" (shortened version of 'could have') not "could of".....which is totally meaningless.  "I could have bought a ticket for the derby"  becomes "I could've bought a ticket for the derby" not "I could of bought a ticket" !!!  It's not English! It's total nonsense! It's ignorant! It's annoying! Don't do it!  Agggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 

• Like 1

If this forum ever depresses you, go to TWTD, and you will instantly cheer up. 

• Haha 1

On 22/05/2019 at 21:16, JackChapman1 said:

Cheers for the Advice mate, ill try to stick to it. 😂🥃🍻

And don’t call Ricardo ‘mate’. He is too old school for that sort of familiarity. 

5 minutes ago, dj11 said:

And don’t call Ricardo ‘mate’. He is too old school for that sort of familiarity. 

Is Dude ok?

I have also just signed up for the new season And looking forward to the debate 

As a extreme miserablist I think I am going to enjoy the new season 😉😉

57 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

On the subject of spelling....I hate spelling words wrong and dont like seeing it anywhere else - it's just lazy imo as you can check spellings of words so easily. 

On grammar, things like using "of" in sentences as in "could of" is just rancidly bad, but so many people seem to do it. Ffs - it's "could've" (shortened version of 'could have') not "could of".....which is totally meaningless.  "I could have bought a ticket for the derby"  becomes "I could've bought a ticket for the derby" not "I could of bought a ticket" !!!  It's not English! It's total nonsense! It's ignorant! It's annoying! Don't do it!  Agggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 

The British don´t know what grammar is

try  Icelandic...that´ll learn ya!! :classic_laugh:

🤬🤯

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

This post needs to be pinned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

...I hate spelling words wrong ...

Shouldn't that be wrongly?? :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Fuse about to blow on the irony meter.....😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I have also just signed up for the new season And looking forward to the debate 

As a extreme miserablist I think I am going to enjoy the new season 😉😉

In which case you probably should avoid Nutty Nigel but my glass is stuffed full of nothing but tumbleweed so you and I should get along just fine.....😉😀

Call me cynical but I’m starting to wonder if our new posters may be in need of tickets next season 😉

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I don't give a fig about grammar or spelling. It's the message that counts.innit.

It's about standards, an idea that has gone out of fashion in recent years.  People can't be bothered to do things to a standard, as long as they are doing it how they want. The language suffers - languages evolve and change of course, but "could of" is and always will be totally meaningless in any sense of the english language.

Just now, lake district canary said:

It's about standards, an idea that has gone out of fashion in recent years.  People can't be bothered to do things to a standard, as long as they are doing it how they want. The language suffers - languages evolve and change of course, but "could of" is and always will be totally meaningless in any sense of the english language.

What about the use of 'are' instead of 'our'? That mangling of English is on the rise.

Most of us are accepting of typos and spelling mistakes but a zero tolerance of this very poor grammar should be applied.😀