Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

As It Is A No News Day...

It must be terrible for them to think about what our club has achieved in the last eleven years compared to theirs.  We have had a roller coaster of a ride with never a dull moment -  4 promotions, 3 relegations, 4 seasons in the top flight, a never to be forgotten Wembley success,  the best young player in the country pass through our books, a season just had that surpasses nearly anything we have seen before, playing a style of football rarely seen at the club.

What have they had?  Ten years of mediocrity and an awful season where totally ironically, an ex-Norwich manager took them down to League 1.

I'm not one to crow about the rivalry between the two clubs, but the difference in the two clubs' fortunes since they got Evans is spectacular. Our star right now is as high as it has ever been, with a high value squad, progressive management and coaching and the rewards that come with getting promoted to the PL again. 

I'm sure the balance will change again, but right now, the clubs are miles and miles apart in almost every way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm not one to crow about the rivalry between the two clubs,

I am

Suffer you suffolk gobsh ites and stuff your glorious history right up where Pickover seems to be talking out of

In fairness, a quick read on TWTD, and you can see that some of them are totally disillusioned by ME, and his tenure at their Club. 

Of course they'll defend their corner when we challenge them, reverting to the tried and trusted 'we have history ' line. 

Some are already questioning Lambert's future, the general feeling is that unless they start well he's toast. 

'IN EVERYTHING he does, genial, secretive, tycoon Marcus Evans means business.........

It's about getting Ipswich Town to where he believes the club should be - and then keeping it there ....

He has certainly done that. They must be delighted.

Bravo Sir. Bravo!

'

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, East Rider said:

'IN EVERYTHING he does, genial, secretive, tycoon Marcus Evans means business.........

It's about getting Ipswich Town to where he believes the club should be - and then keeping it there ....

He has certainly done that. They must be delighted.

Bravo Sir. Bravo!

'

Genial and secretive?

What does that sentence even mean?

Ar5elicking nobjockey.