Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Fowler to Ispwich

There''s an article on Sky Sports suggesting that Ipswich are going to make a move to take Robbie Fowler on loan from Man City because he has fallen down the pecking order! He would be a good signing for us - a bit of quality up front!! Any opinions??

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]There''s an article on Sky Sports suggesting that Ipswich are going to make a move to take Robbie Fowler on loan from Man City because he has fallen down the pecking order! He would be a good signing for us - a bit of quality up front!! Any opinions??[/quote]

You have to be joking !    Fowler  was the  favourite during the , ill fated , Keegan era , an overweight ,  hasbeen  who  never could cut the mustard   when he wasn`t surrounded by top class strikers ....   on top of which , Hucks never got a look in  during that period  , you think those two would welcome each other like long lost brothers ?   

yeah worthington will get him...... and stick him on the right wing [:^)]

i''d rather get a right winger........ if Ashton gets the service, he will score the goals

According to the Guardian (I know!) ''Arry Redknapp wants to buy him for Pompey! LOL

Going for back-to-back relegations ''Arry?

Seriously, Fowler desperately needs to top up fitness - not what we need at present.

Fowler: apparently unfit, low on motivation, and seemingly more interested in house prices than football matches - not for us I feel.

Fowlers going to become a bit of a journeyman i feel.. will probably end up at a few mid table championship sides whilst his career dwindles out.... he wont ever be the player he was 10 years ago for Liverpool

jas :)

I thought part of the deal which took Fowler from Leeds to Manchester City was that Leeds continued to pay part of his wages. If he went to our bankrupt friends where would they get the money to pay his wages ? He wouldn''t play for the peanuts that Ipswich pay.