https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-extend-cantwell-contract-but-confirm-exits-1-6063573

Players being released

Ivo Pinto

Matt Jarvis

Yanic Wildschut

Steven Naismith

Pierre Fonkeu (U23)

Tristan Abrahams (U23)

Louis McIntosh (U23)

Bilal Kamal (U23)

Spencer Keller (U18)

Finlay Barnes (U18)

Ryan Dickerson (U18)

Aaron Ekumah (U18)

- Players leaving after the end of their loan deals

Felix Passlack

Jordan Rhodes

- Players who have had one-year options exercised

Todd Cantwell

Timi Odusina (U23)

- Players who have been offered professional deals

Shae Hutchinson (U18)

Connor Parsons (U18)

Anis Mehmeti (U18)

I believe Mehmeti is a forward, think he scored in the last u23s match I watched (away at Man Utd). Honestly all I remember is that he looked assured/confident in everything that he did.

Kind of surprised at a couple of the youth names on the list, Kamal always looked a player to me. Will be interesting to see which way these young players careers go.

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I believe Mehmeti is a forward, think he scored in the last u23s match I watched (away at Man Utd). Honestly all I remember is that he looked assured/confident in everything that he did.

I think you're confusing him with Gassan Ahadme?

• Like 1

I think Todd Cantwell needs to sign his new contract sharpish, at this rate if he's not careful, he'll be leaving next year 😛

37 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I think Todd Cantwell needs to sign his new contract sharpish, at this rate if he's not careful, he'll be leaving next year 😛

He's poor, and will be loaned out at some point during the season! 

9 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

You binners are experts where loans are concerned Jubbers.

Difference is, we don't build our team around them. 🤪

• Haha 1

I wonder just how much money has been freed up by those first 4 names and the loans ending. Must be huge.

Surprised you're back so soon Jubs, recovered from your embarrassment of a season already? Or are you coming over to join us, in your desperation to see quality football?

Cantwell may go out on loan next season to get regular games but he won't be going anywhere near your lot. He'd walk into your Team and well you know it.

Best you toddle off, you've got Fleetwood and Rochdale to prepare for. 

10 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Harsh and spot on!

10 hours ago, lappinitup said:

There is another amusing angle to their loans policy as well though. They seem to have a habit of signing their loan players on a permanent basis because they impress, but once have signed they stop performing, either because they are taking the **** (Bullard) or because they become sick list merchants (Huws and a few others.)

It's become more of a holiday camp than a football club down there in recent years with the sick bay being the most costly aspect of the whole show. No wonder they are 'skint and skinter,' so to speak.

23 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

There is another amusing angle to their loans policy as well though. They seem to have a habit of signing their loan players on a permanent basis because they impress, but once have signed they stop performing, either because they are taking the **** (Bullard) or because they become sick list merchants (Huws and a few others.)

It's become more of a holiday camp than a football club down there in recent years with the sick bay being the most costly aspect of the whole show. No wonder they are 'skint and skinter,' so to speak.

We've had the odd ricket (Neilson/Jarvis) but we have learned our lesson I reckon and at least we have decent hands on the rudder right now.

Yes indeed.

James Vaughan was my least favourite. Spent his whole time on the sick list on a good wage and as soon as he got fit wanted out.

Having said that he never turned out to be the total star he was predicted to be.

10 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yes indeed.

James Vaughan was my least favourite. Spent his whole time on the sick list on a good wage and as soon as he got fit wanted out.

Having said that he never turned out to be the total star he was predicted to be.

From memory, he arrived with a poor injury record, we took a punt and it didn't pay off.

Seem to remember him getting an elbow in the mouth against West Brom left the field spitting blood. 

Edited by splendidrush

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

From memory, he arrived with a poor injury record, we took a punt and it didn't pay off.

Yes indeed and the binners are proving far more expert at that approach than we ever were.

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

Yes, he was the Everton starlet who was perpetually injured. I remember it being touted as pretty much a cheap gamble at the time.

He always seemed bitter when up against us later on though - never understood why.

11 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Would literally walk into your lots team and comfortably be the standout player. Too good for League One, mind.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Yes, he was the Everton starlet who was perpetually injured. I remember it being touted as pretty much a cheap gamble at the time.

He always seemed bitter when up against us later on though - never understood why.

I think it is because of comments like Broadstair’s. Players generally aren’t a fan of fans who blame them for being injured. 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think it is because of comments like Broadstair’s. Players generally aren’t a fan of fans who blame them for being injured. 

I didn't blame him for being injured I blamed him for wanting out once he became fit.

I always kept faith with Matt Jarvis's ability to make an impact until this finally became unrealistic.

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I didn't blame him for being injured I blamed him for wanting out once he became fit.

I always kept faith with Matt Jarvis's ability to make an impact until this finally became unrealistic.

Okay, criticise players for being injured then. 

Vaughan didn’t particularly ‘want out’, he was loaned out as he wasn’t in the first team plans and then sold. 

Felix Passlack - we really haven't had a chance to see what he can do. He needed a run in the team. We missed the opportunity when Buendia got suspended.

From the limited appearances I've seen of him - he has more potential than the likes of McLean, Marshall & Husband.

Too bad about his situation and he wants game time. I can see this being one that slipped away.

22 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

From the limited appearances I've seen of him - he has more potential than the likes of McLean, Marshall & Husband.

Marshall and Husband possibly, but McLean?

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Marshall and Husband possibly, but McLean?

It's harsh singling out a player who has just helped the club win the championship and promotion to the prem. The stats would show that he played in an unbeaten run of 14 matches, the newspapers say he made an impact - but have you watched him play? Outside the Bristol City match where he showed the good technique for the winner, he's a pretty average player.

Not sure what kind of love affair DF has with McLean put it needs to stop cos the prem is not the place to play McLean - not unless he wants to be hammered! He's been selected as the playmaker - not defensive midfield, we have better in both positions. Those 4 drawn games near the end of the season could well have cost us the title. We had very little in midfield in those games and games preceding those. If Trybull had not been injured in the last 2 games we may have never changed and brought on a proper attacking playmaker  - which was the difference between winning or drawing those games.

McLean does put his body on the line and I'm grateful for his contribution - but the reality is - if you're average in the championship forget the prem.

1 hour ago, Six Pack said:

It's harsh singling out a player who has just helped the club win the championship and promotion to the prem. The stats would show that he played in an unbeaten run of 14 matches, the newspapers say he made an impact - but have you watched him play? Outside the Bristol City match where he showed the good technique for the winner, he's a pretty average player.

Not sure what kind of love affair DF has with McLean put it needs to stop cos the prem is not the place to play McLean - not unless he wants to be hammered! He's been selected as the playmaker - not defensive midfield, we have better in both positions. Those 4 drawn games near the end of the season could well have cost us the title. We had very little in midfield in those games and games preceding those. If Trybull had not been injured in the last 2 games we may have never changed and brought on a proper attacking playmaker  - which was the difference between winning or drawing those games.

McLean does put his body on the line and I'm grateful for his contribution - but the reality is - if you're average in the championship forget the prem.

If that's your opinion, you're entitled to it, perhaps McLean isn't Premiership quality but, as you say, it's a bit harsh. 

McLean did a great job, scored and set up goals after spending half the season unfortunately injured thanks to some **** in a cup game. Kenny will shine in the Prem, with a bit more time on the ball more, his passing will be a key element to our approach next season I'm sure

• Like 1