JohnWessex

Transfer Rumour: Gregor Kobel linked with City.

Norwich City Targeting Swiss Youngster Gregor Kobel:

According to sources, former Switzerland U21 international Gregor Kobel has been linked with a move to the fine city this transfer window.

gregor-kobel-augsburg-1552470460-21048.jpg.fc239ef158e49173ad8fa624ffe862eb.jpg

Kobel is Thought to be one of the most valuable young goalkeepers in the Bundesliga.

He has played 17 times this season on loan for FC Augsburg in the Bundesliga but the youngster will return to his parent club Hoffenheim in June.

Norwich City are thought to be targeting a new Goalkeeper, already being linked to names such as Joe Hart and Simon Mignolet. Kobel helped FC Augsburg to safety this season, in the end securing a 15th place finish, four points above the Relegation Play-Off position and 11 points above automatic relegation.

The fee is current believed to be around 3 Million pounds for the 21 year old's service, with high potential for the future.

Edited by JohnWessex

It would make sense if this is one of those German keepers good with the ball at his feet. 

Bethnal usually seems pretty on the pulse but just got rekt by this kid making his first post. lmaoooooo

This is clearly actually Gregor Kobel posting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably is nothing, but he does sound very much like the kind of player we might target, in terms of age, potential, and price. And Baumann seems to have the goalkeeping slot at Hoffenheim sewn up, so Kobel might be keen on a move somewhere.

So is he going to........

be first choice

sit on the bench as second choice

be loaned out until he is ready as first choice

6 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Welcome John, I hope this is genuine, or you'll have blown your cover in one fell swoop. 

Thanks, I hope my sources are correct. Its been kind of mentioned around the place from a friend who has relatively close contact to the club. Im not 100% sure, however, if im entirely honest, i could easily have egg on my face soon enough. My friends been inconsistent really, but occasionally he says about one which  materialises out of the blue not long afterwards. Fingers crossed this is true, just from my own standpoint i think it would be a very solid signing.

Edited by JohnWessex

8 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Bethnal usually seems pretty on the pulse but just got rekt by this kid making his first post. lmaoooooo

This is clearly actually Gregor Kobel posting.

I am indeed Gregor Kobel, lmao.

No, but really I sincerely hope my sources are correct, its a friend who has contact in the club and they’ve been right in the past. Ive always been a relatively quiet person. Chatting on forums didnt really seem to be my thing. I hadnt seen this one around the internet, however, so i loaded up an account as i thought you may be interested.

You’re a Norwich supporter of how long and you’ve managed to avoid becoming aware of the Pink’un message board until now?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

You’re a Norwich supporter of how long and you’ve managed to avoid becoming aware of the Pink’un message board until now?

I think he means the rumour not being general knowledge, not that he's unaware of the Pink'un.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I think he means the rumour not being general knowledge, not that he's unaware of the Pink'un.

Ahh I see Ron - would have been a bit weird otherwise!

Of course this could be in line with the relative secrecy with which our buying team conducts itself, hence there being nothing out there on this. Or he's on a wind up - time will tell...!

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Of course this could be in line with the relative secrecy with which our buying team conducts itself, hence there being nothing out there on this. Or he's on a wind up - time will tell...!

Leaks rarely come from the buying team, they are nearly always from the player or the selling team. 

Norwich aren’t particularly more secretive than other teams. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Shame this seems to be some made up rumour. 

Kobel is a good keeper, I saw him in the Augsburg v Dortmund game where he made some great saves to help win the game. Certainly an upgrade on Krul. 

As ive said before, im honestly not 100% sure. The source that im getting this from is a friend with relatively close ties to people in the club. I just thought it would be good to share this possible news. Im no expert, i dont really know how clubs operate, as far as i know, this could be utter ****e. 

4 hours ago, JohnWessex said:

As ive said before, im honestly not 100% sure. The source that im getting this from is a friend with relatively close ties to people in the club. I just thought it would be good to share this possible news. Im no expert, i dont really know how clubs operate, as far as i know, this could be utter ****e. 

We’ve had plenty of that posted on here over the years