Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

TimmStays!

Ausgezeichnet!!

Edited by Herman
German for Timm.

Fantastic news, that’s three quality CB and Hanley 😂

• Haha 1

Already proven he's good more than enough for the PL before and is a good character to have around. That wobbly, fragile AN team in 2016 looked so much more solid when he came into the side, in fact for a while he looked to be dragging us out of that relegation battle all by himself and he'll be even better in a Farke team. Delighted with this news.

Whilst he has been backup for the past few months, I've a feeling he'll be first choice when we kickoff if he gets a good preseason under his belt. I still think he's the best centre half we have. 

Just now, Haggerdoo said:

Wonder what that means for Hanley?

I'm more than happy for him to stay as well.  He's been a good player for us and is still young for a CB.  Whether he is happy to stay is a different matter, however.

Good news indeed. He is going to be invaluable next season. I recall his slightly stuttering start to his arrival here, but when he found his feet he was one of our best performers in a relegated team. Then he was injured I believe.

Will he start the next season in the team?  

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a starting three CB with Godfrey possibly slightly ahead of Zimmermann & Klose in some games.

Farke's comments in January heavily implied he expected him to stay regardless, so once we got promoted it was probably the worst kept secret.

Indeed fabulous news. Just what we need. A good DM now and we should look more solid at the back. Still haven't quite forgotten his last minute header miss v Chelsea though...... haha 😁

32 minutes ago, Haggerdoo said:

Wonder what that means for Hanley?

I find it fascinating how players get better/worse when they don't play.

Hanley is our club captain and it was regarded as a disaster when he got injured at the beginning of the season. He was runner up in the player of the season awards last year and he's one of Webber's most expensive signings. 

Yes, his passing isn't quite as good as the other three but we are going to need players like him - with character, fight and spirit - next season. 

Delighted that Klose's staying, by the way. Cracking video too!

Awesome news. Another 3 seasons of Timm at the club is as good as it gets. Hes a real character, puts his heart and soul into the club and for me personally, will be one of those all time CB City legends like Big Dunc and Malky. Its great to have Tim K in goal and Timm K in the heart of the defence, good experience for the younger guys around them.

Brilliant news, one of my favourite players of recent seasons. Seems like a really good guy. Really pleased he is sticking around.

Great stuff. Couldn't have replaced a CB of his quality without a substantial fee, so a no brainer to offer him a decent contract IMO.

Meanwhile down at Ipswich they're tying down Calum Chambers to new deals. 😁😁

Edited by KeiranShikari

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Meanwhile down at Ipswich they're tying down Calum Chambers to new deals. :classic_unsure::classic_unsure:

You mean Luke Chambers. Good teams pay money for Calum Chambers.

• Haha 1

But why did it take months to sort out his contract? Was it a case of what league we were in rather than complex personal terms?

2 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

But why did it take months to sort out his contract? Was it a case of what league we were in rather than complex personal terms?

The league probably helped, for both parties.