Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Timmy Time

Happy with this, he’s been an important part of our squad, even from the bench in the latter half of the season. Surprised it’s 3 and not 2 years though 

Good piece of business all round, we need his experience around the place, even if he's not playing, and he probably feels that he has unfinished business in the Premiership. 

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Good piece of business all round, we need his experience around the place, even if he's not playing, and he probably feels that he has unfinished business in the Premiership. 

In the Premiership he is our best defender. Had he not have got injured v Crystal Palace we would probably have stayed up. This is like a several million pound defender being brought in on a free.

• Like 1

This also hopefully sets an example to the rest of the squad to stay together and not think the grass is greener elsewhere.

Keeping all the young players for the upcoming season is just as important as bringing in any new signings.

Very good news. I'm assuming that Farke will tell the squad that regardless of who was in the team at the end of the season, all places are for grabs in pre-season training. Timm could well be in the starting lineup. 

• Like 1

I suspect Hanley will now leave and we'll look to bring in another comfortable on the ball and pacy CB. Unless we think we can "do a Zimmermann" with either Franke and/or Raggett.

12 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I suspect Hanley will now leave and we'll look to bring in another comfortable on the ball and pacy CB. Unless we think we can "do a Zimmermann" with either Franke and/or Raggett.

Hanley's got four years of his contract left, so unless he really forces a move, I can't see him going anywhere, even though he's very much the fourth centre back at the minute, . The club gave him an extension in November so they see him as part of the long term plans.