Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Premier League players out of contract

The BBC have this article about PL players who might be available on a free transfer. Apart from the ones expected to retire, most of them are either too old for us or too costly in terms of wages-or both! 

The only one I would be vaguely excited about is Tommie Hoban from Watford but he’s had horrendous injury problems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48170293

None of those fit the mould for Norwich IMO

2 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

Alan Dzagoev would be an interesting possibility however...

Great player, would be excellent in the 10 if his injuries are behind him/haven't taken too much of a toll

Danny Simpson could be a good back up (and tutor) for Max Aarons. We need a right back as cover, and Simpson on a free could be a cheap, reliable, home-grown option. He's still only 32 and was a Premier League winner three years ago, so could still offer something if he's prepared to come here as a fringe player.

I was hoping for Vincent Company but now I don't know whether we need to be looking at Prem cast offs. We will be a Prem team next season so why have someone else's past sell by date.

I hope we look for youngish, hungry players with bags of potential. I don't know what the club's policy is at the moment but I don't see any value in buying someone in the hope of hanging on for a season. Whoever brought Max, Jamal, Ben etc into the club has done a great job and we can hold on to them them we have a chance of creating our own dynasty, not copying someone elses.  

• Like 1

On 20/05/2019 at 20:49, First Wazzock said:

Shows how crazy youth development is if Liverpool signed him for a million on his sixteenth birthday, and they're letting him go.

Not sure if we'd be interested, we seem to have a far few centre backs already in the U-23s, and not sure how good he is if Liverpool are letting him go.

56 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Pukki, Trybull, Krul, Zimmermann...

Sometimes other clubs' cast-offs aren't too bad.

I did say expensive, and the thread is about Premiership players. 

Edited by splendidrush