Since 1980

Stunning season - at a cost

I forgot about Hogan. Villa paid close to £10 million for him not so long ago. I would be surprised if the loan fees there don't match or even exceed what we paid for Rhodes. 

5 hours ago, Since 1980 said:

Yes, 2018-2019 has been a stunning, completely unexpected season, but it's come at a cost. I've never really engaged with this side like I have with previous ones. Why? Well, too many non UK players in the side and in the Premier Leauge I can only see the numbers growing. For me there's no joy in watching a team full of foreign players play for an English team. I know our overseas lads are passionate about NCFC and I've grown to really enjoy seeing Pukki, Buendia, Vrancic, Hernandez, Stiepermann, Klose etc, which to a part is currently balanced to an extent by our brilliant home gown lads. We're told it's all about ££ yet Sheffield United have managed success with British players.

What's wrong with foreign players? - whats worrying you? 

What's your stance on Scottish, Welsh and Irish players?

Aren't our young players all English? Lewis, Godfrey, Aaron's and Cantwell. How many English players are required? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

It would be wonderful to see a successful City team comprising only Norfolk born players. As this is not going to happen I can't see what difference it makes where outside of Norfolk our players hail from. Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey are not Norfolk born so why is it more acceptable to you for them to play for us as they are England born rather than Pukki, Krul, Vrancic and the others who have done us proud this season?

This prat (not you Crafty - the OP) wasn't old enough to remember Arnold Muhren and Frans Thijssen. Ask your Mum and Dad sonny, they might be able to help you.

11 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

But you’re not the only one 😀

I think I’ll be joining you...

but sorry, it’s to soon to be living as one..;)

11 hours ago, Since 1980 said:

Yes, 2018-2019 has been a stunning, completely unexpected season, but it's come at a cost. I've never really engaged with this side like I have with previous ones. Why? Well, too many non UK players in the side and in the Premier Leauge I can only see the numbers growing. For me there's no joy in watching a team full of foreign players play for an English team. I know our overseas lads are passionate about NCFC and I've grown to really enjoy seeing Pukki, Buendia, Vrancic, Hernandez, Stiepermann, Klose etc, which to a part is currently balanced to an extent by our brilliant home gown lads. We're told it's all about ££ yet Sheffield United have managed success with British players.

I can see your point. But I’m afraid I can’t in any way agree with it. Why? Because I’m not as stupid as you.

When you go shopping, do you buy fruit? Or, maybe some orange juice, perhaps? Where do you think most of the fruit you eat is grown? Who packages it up and sends it off to the store that you shop at?Or the clothes you’re wearing, where we’re they made and by whom? How about the fancy device you used to type such a narrow minded post? 

The thing I enjoy about reading posts like this is how people reveal their ignorance without even having to try.

So a foreign footballer isn’t good enough to entertain you on a Sunday afternoon, but you’ll watch a movie that was made in Hollywood, on a TV made in China, with a plate of food that probably came from Europe?

Ignorance at its best & brightest.

Plus, let’s be honest. If all the players in the Prem and Champs were ‘English’ it would be **** and nobody else in the world would watch. Hell, I’d have a hard time watching! Sorry. But that’s a fact.

I could go on, but I feel I’d only be pissing into the wind of your ignorance.

Edited by CirclePoint

11 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

They didn’t. Their largest and only fee was £4m - Norwich spend that on Buendia and Rhodes. Norwich outspend Sheff U in fees and wages. 

As for the OP - grow up. 

Net outlay taking sales into account would be a fairer measure.

If I was a snowflake, I'd be coming over all unnecessary about being offended by the OP, it's borderline racism and that I'm uncomfortable with what's been said. 

To save all that, let's just say that I disagree with you. 

21 hours ago, Since 1980 said:

Yes, 2018-2019 has been a stunning, completely unexpected season.

I have corrected your post for you.

You are welcome you closed-minded xenophobe.