Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Eurovision

34 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Were they the ones that clad themselves in bondage gear, whilst screaming into a microphone all while some guy in the back swung a hammer from side to side?

Worst song of the night if it was them for me, don't even know how that can qualify as music tbh, but hope you enjoy the show, Reykjavik is a great place to visit.

that was them!

that was their most "commercial" number, if you didn´t like that, you certainly won´t like the rest of their songs!!

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

The public vote was embarrassing. 

Did you hear our song? It was utterly bland and deserved roughly what it got.... b*gger all.

Just now, Daz Sparks said:

Did you hear our song? It was utterly bland and deserved roughly what it got.... b*gger all.

No way was it the worst song on the night though, and that's the point that sticks in the craw somewhat.

I have no problem with accepting our entry was very run of the mill and absolutely not deserving of a win in any shape or form, but to suggest that many of the other entries which were pretty dire as being significantly better than our entry is a complete joke.

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

that was them!

that was their most "commercial" number, if you didn´t like that, you certainly won´t like the rest of their songs!!

I can guarantee you're right about that HIWEM!

I can't handle anything that employs 'Death Growling' or similar to convey lyrics, it just hurts both my ears and my sensibilities and offers zero musicality to me. It's kind of tricky when you work alongside someone in a truck all day and they thoroughly enjoy that sort of thing as well!

'Classic' screaming such as Ian Gillan from DP is no problem (Child in Time is just amazing), but the more modern sound which appears to be someone strangling a bear just doesn't cut it for me tbh.

• Like 1

At the risk of hijacking this thread, can we use Brexit as an excuse to get out of this annual farce. 

It could actually be the only benefit. 

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

At the risk of hijacking this thread, can we use Brexit as an excuse to get out of this annual farce. 

It could actually be the only benefit. 

For me it's a significant part of the motivation for leaving the EU :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

They said The Eurovision Song Contest is a non-political event and Madonna had been made aware of this." So was our song really the worst of them all ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Time we told them to stick it, we’ll never get above the bottom three

The UK should select an established act into doing it. Stop having a competition to select a winner and just appoint a top act, if they can convince anyone to do it, of course. No pop lite acts. Something like Kasabian or Foals.

Someone on another forum I use suggested The Rolling Stones :classic_laugh:

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The UK should select an established act into doing it. Stop having a competition to select a winner and just appoint a top act, if they can convince anyone to do it, of course. No pop lite acts. Something like Kasabian or Foals.

Someone on another forum I use suggested The Rolling Stones :classic_laugh:

The only circumstance under which I could see myself watching this pile of sh!te is if they could persuade PJ Harvey to perform To Bring You My Love solo.

• Like 1

Is this year's UK entry like Brexit?

You vote for it knowing it's probably sh ite, it does turn out to be s hite, but you continually back it when all evidence suggests otherwise.

On 20/05/2019 at 16:28, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

"Corruption Dance"

:classic_love:

It was sort of going ok until he started to “ sing”

• Haha 2

Maybe we should all get a vote on this, a sort of Leave or Remain type thing, perhaps with publicly voted representatives also having a say, and maybe, or maybe not, the final say. Maybe we could get a second vote on whether we agree with the publicly voted representatives; or not. That way we'll still be in it in 3 years time.

• Haha 1

We need to support Australia as thats as close to a British winner as we are going to get. Or maybe get a Scottish person to sing.

European music apart from the odd one or two has always been sheeite. They might be alright for classical type music and a bit of sculpture and art but popular music is dross. They will never be able to produce good music until they realise not everything in life is happy and smiley. Its us miserable boogers in the UK that produce the best stuff.

• Like 1