Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Neil Adams's Input Sounds Reasonable But....

A number of people on this site have commented recently on the post-match call-in show. I usually listen until my brain starts to go numb. On the surface Neil Adams sounds reasonable in his responses. However, occasionally he has me wondering if he is being as upfront as his style suggests. Let me give you just a couple of examples. Many of you are familiar with the call from "stupid Barry", who asked Neil ( several times ) what happens in training at Colney. Neil, having answered a couple of times that he has not been to Colney to observe the players, finally responds to Barry with, "Are you stupid?"  Sounded appropriate and quite amusing on the surface. However, if Barry had been in control of his faculties ( he wasn''t ), then he might have asked the much better question, namely, "Neil, why have you not been to watch the players train at Colney. It obviously relates to your job as a colour commentator and the man responsible for responding to fans on the call-in show. Given that the team has significantly underperformed this season, why have you not been along to Colney so that you can a) gain insight and b) do your job better by giving the fans the benefit of such insight ? 

A further example followed the Southampton game. Neil was fairly clear that, in his opinion Dean Ashton will leave Norwich in the transfer window. A caller then asks why the assumption that Ashton will leave..... why shouldn''t we expect him to stay with us if we are an ambitious club. Neil responded by saying that Ashton will want to play Premiership football and he may well want to leave. The caller persisted, citing the situation with Andy Johnson at Crystal Palace. He wants Premiership football too but neither Palace nor Johnson seem to be accepting a move is in the cards. I realise what Ashton recently said but it did appear to me that Adams may have inside information. It does seem to me that there should be more ambitious statements coming from the club and people like Neil Adams suggesting Ashton should be staying with Norwich and helping us back to the promised land. This does not, of course, prevent someone coming in with strong bids but at least it conveys ambition to Norwich fans as well as would be suitors that any view that his departure is all but announced is off the mark.      

Just an afterthought.....Barry ( that''s as in "Stupid Barry"....I only use this term as it is the only means of identification avaiable at this point ), if you are reading this why don''t you call Neil back on the next post-match show and demand an apology, also asking the question in the right way.

Stupid barry was only trying to get an honest answer from Neil Adams.

I no longer listen to the phone in, same questions  week in week out with the same PR ncfc replies attached.