Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×

Recommended Posts

Why pay a lot of money to watch the match then miss the first 10 mins of the second half?  It took 10 mins for most of the seats to be filled again at the start of the second half ,also why are the red seats near the players entrance only half full . Sadly the FA cup is not what it used to be ,just watching a one sided game due to the amount of money spent by Man city .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corporate seats, you think it's bad in this game wait for the Champions League final. 

Man City have been ruthless. Makes me a bit queasy thinking we have to play them next season.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Why pay a lot of money to watch the match then miss the first 10 mins of the second half?  It took 10 mins for most of the seats to be filled again at the start of the second half ,also why are the red seats near the players entrance only half full . Sadly the FA cup is not what it used to be ,just watching a one sided game due to the amount of money spent by Man city .

Still munching prawn sandwiches. Probably corporate freebies. Wasted tickets IMHO.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watford gave it a good go and should have taken the lead.

 

but Man City won 80% of their games this season as did Liverpool. So everyone should fear playing them, it’s only rational! Any points against either are a bonus, it’s not important in deciding where other teams will finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

but Man City won 80% of their games this season as did Liverpool. So everyone should fear playing them, it’s only rational! Any points against either are a bonus, it’s not important in deciding where other teams will finish.

Any points against the top six will be a bonus. There's 36 up for grabs and I'll be delighted if we get five or six.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Any points against the top six will be a bonus. There's 36 up for grabs and I'll be delighted if we get five or six.

The bottom 3 scored a total of 4 points against the big 6 this season. 3 of which were Huddersfield beating Man U on the last day of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The bottom 3 scored a total of 4 points against the big 6 this season. 3 of which were Huddersfield beating Man U on the last day of the season. 

I am of course hoping we finish above the bottom three :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Man City gave us the template to be successful in the Premier League. Looks pretty familiar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I just point out the bottom 3 had the worst points return against the entire league, which was possibly linked to them finishing in, errr, the bottom three....

 

Every season we hear that the league we’re going to be in will be particularly tough, whether it’s the Chanps or the Prem - people always find so much to fear.

 

personally I have confidence that Webber/Farke can spend the extra millions wisely and the recruitment/stats team will be relishing the task of finding some improvements on their signings last year with a bigger budget.

 

the Prem may be better than ever - it’s the nature of well-funded professional sports that standards rise over time - but this City team is IMO the best team we’ve had promoted to the top tier in at least the last 20 years and also has a style of play well suited to the Prem. There is no guarantee of survival but I think there will probably be at least 10 Prem teams who are equally at risk of the drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Pretty much lost interest in the FA Cup to be honest.

Didn't realise the Final was today until I saw it in the sports pages this morning

same here

and Arsenal and Chelsea have 12,000 tickets between them for their final in the back of beyond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

the Prem may be better than ever - it’s the nature of well-funded professional sports that standards rise over time - but this City team is IMO the best team we’ve had promoted to the top tier in at least the last 20 years and also has a style of play well suited to the Prem. There is no guarantee of survival but I think there will probably be at least 10 Prem teams who are equally at risk of the drop.

Agreed. We are as likely to finish 10th as 20th - as we're either better than those 10 teams or worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Agreed. We are as likely to finish 10th as 20th - as we're either better than those 10 teams or worse. 

We're really not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We play better football than most of the bottom 10 but there's a reason they fill their teams with big, fast players who are good at dribbling and carrying the ball up the pitch quickly because it's so effective. We're taking a different approach to pretty much every other lower PL team except Bournemouth (who have a much higher budget than us) and it's hard to gauge how we'll measure up against them. I'm hopeful we dominate and overwhelm them for the most part but I can picture many games where we play really well, look the better team but still end up on the wrong side of a result because of a set piece, long range strike, superb free kick or getting torn apart on the counter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

We're really not.

if only we could sign extra players, we might be then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we could also finish 20th, as I said, we are either better than those ten or we are not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Watford gave it a good go and should have taken the lead.

 

but Man City won 80% of their games this season as did Liverpool. So everyone should fear playing them, it’s only rational! Any points against either are a bonus, it’s not important in deciding where other teams will finish.

I turned it off at 3-0... that was enough to realise that NCFC don’t need to fear either of the finalists next season 😬😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a sad state when one player from Man City probably cost more than our squad and is probably on more money per week than our squad!

Add to that their second team could probably put 6 past most premiership teams!

That’s how far the divide is now between top 6 and the Rest!

Time needs to Chang and have a set 25 squad size, salary cap equal for all teams and any players older than 23 not named in the 25 released to find other clubs, thus relying on the youth system and homegrown players!

It was a ****e final, one sided and predictable, sad advert for the FA cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

I turned it off at 3-0... that was enough to realise that NCFC don’t need to fear either of the finalists next season

Agree, on looking at the PL a bit more recently since we looked like we might get promoted, there is nothing there to get fearful about. Watford stood off Man City after a while and got punished for it - exactly what happened to teams against us when they couldn't maintain their work rate/desire. 

I don't go along with the hype about the PL or even the top six of the PL.  If we can reproduce the way we have played this season, we will cause every team in the league problems, including the top six.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Agree, on looking at the PL a bit more recently since we looked like we might get promoted, there is nothing there to get fearful about. Watford stood off Man City after a while and got punished for it - exactly what happened to teams against us when they couldn't maintain their work rate/desire. 

I don't go along with the hype about the PL or even the top six of the PL.  If we can reproduce the way we have played this season, we will cause every team in the league problems, including the top six.

 

Lakey...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indy said:

It’s a sad state when one player from Man City probably cost more than our squad and is probably on more money per week than our squad!

Add to that their second team could probably put 6 past most premiership teams!

That’s how far the divide is now between top 6 and the Rest!

Time needs to Chang and have a set 25 squad size, salary cap equal for all teams and any players older than 23 not named in the 25 released to find other clubs, thus relying on the youth system and homegrown players!

It was a ****e final, one sided and predictable, sad advert for the FA cup.

The great divide is between the top 2 and the rest.....

Chelsea (without Hazard), Arsenal when away, Spurs without an injured Kane (or at Wembley), and Man Utd pretty much home or away, have all gone backwards and are in no way to be feared.

The best time to play Liverpool and Man City will be close to the Champions League games, but of course there  will be no guarantee of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, unique said:

The great divide is between the top 2 and the rest.....

Chelsea (without Hazard), Arsenal when away, Spurs without an injured Kane (or at Wembley), and Man Utd pretty much home or away, have all gone backwards and are in no way to be feared.

The best time to play Liverpool and Man City will be close to the Champions League games, but of course there  will be no guarantee of that.

Trouble is they will all spend millions or call up some great squad players who are pretty much better than we have! Sorry but the reality is they are still way ahead, of course there will always be results teams like us will get, when on our day we play well and things go our way, like Man U at home, or Arsenal, Man City away of a few years ago, but generally that’s why us surviving next season will be a monumental achievement, one which can be achieved, but will take some luck, hard work and great mental strength.

I believe if we keep our core squad we have a great chance of building on this season, but we’re a million miles away from Spurs, Man United or Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×