These merry-go-round managers have a sacking built into their psyche and bank balance.

They prosper on pay-offs from vulnerable owners and fill the gaps with tv punditry.

There was talk of him not being kept on even if they managed to get promoted so this is no great surprise.

29 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Pulis on his way to Leeds.......Perchance?..... 😉

Ooof, that'd add insult to injury!

I'm starting to think a manager has 4-5 sackings in him before no one wants him. Once you realise you are one of them you are at one with the world.

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I'm starting to think a manager has 4-5 sackings in him before no one wants him. Once you realise you are one of them you are at one with the world.

How many has Lambert got left? 🙂

oh dear

"Missing out on promotion will have a knock-on effect on Middlesbrough's finances for 2019-20.

This season marked the end of their two-year run of parachute payments from the Premier League, following relegation in 2016-17.

I  suspect Pulis will not be the only one out of the door marked exit

Anyone we'd be interested in? 

Randolph is a good keeper.  Ashley Fletcher?  I'm ignoring John Obi Mikel despite the outrageous 'rumour' that we're interested.

They've been slimming down for a while, losing Bamford and Ben Gibson for example.

"Two years ago we invested heavily in the squad in terms of transfer fees and salaries in an attempt to regain our Premier League status. This happened before Tony's arrival.

"Over the past 18 months Tony has been proactive, not only in the ambition to win football matches and promotion to the Premier League, but also in addressing our financial position in order to comply and respect the Championship fair play criteria.

So Boro finished 7th...hmm,  seems a good fit for a certain Mr. Hughton maybe...with TP going the other way to B n H.

14 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

They've been slimming down for a while, losing Bamford and Ben Gibson for example.

"Two years ago we invested heavily in the squad in terms of transfer fees and salaries in an attempt to regain our Premier League status. This happened before Tony's arrival.

"Over the past 18 months Tony has been proactive, not only in the ambition to win football matches and promotion to the Premier League, but also in addressing our financial position in order to comply and respect the Championship fair play criteria.

It's hard to imagine a Pulis team having the ambition to win football matches. No, can't do it.

Pulis just another manager whose style isn't applicable at the moment. Win at home and draw away was the old adage but it may have got you promotion but it would have still been behind us. 1-0 wins are less likely due to the attacking flair of clubs and poor defenders.

Any sport now is about attacking and being positive and I don't think Pulis or Hughton can change.

12 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

So Boro finished 7th...hmm,  seems a good fit for a certain Mr. Hughton maybe...with TP going the other way to B n H.

No chance. Brighton fans have been raw about Hughton's style for a while. I know a fan who goes regularly who reckons he'd have gone earlier in the season if it wasn't for their cup run. They won't replace him with similarly boring manager. 

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

No chance. Brighton fans have been raw about Hughton's style for a while. I know a fan who goes regularly who reckons he'd have gone earlier in the season if it wasn't for their cup run. They won't replace him with similarly boring manager. 

Was thinking same about Boro fans... imagine their faces if CH walked in.

(Admittedly of course his Championship sides are much more balanced & effective than in his Prem emergency mode)

58 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Anyone we'd be interested in? 

Randolph is a good keeper.  Ashley Fletcher?  I'm ignoring John Obi Mikel despite the outrageous 'rumour' that we're interested.

Possibly Randolph (but I'm not sure how good he is with his feet?) but nobody else. I work up here and have seen a few games, the team and style of play is dreadful. Ashley Fletcher may be an athlete but he is not a footballer.

'Boro aren't in any money troubles and Gibson (owner) is wealthy and a fan. His investment goes in cycles, he'll splash the cash for a few transfer windows (15mil Assombalonga, 7mil Fletcher) and then stop for a few. I'd expect them to be quiet for a couple more and then go wild spending money in the 20/21 season.

Edit - On the actual topic. Rumour up here is that it's Woodgate. Absolute car crash waiting to happen. I find it amusing that Phil Neville is on the bookies list...

Edited by All the Germans

No surprise - he is a dinosaur and the game has passed him by.

You can no longer get away with the anti-football tactics that used to plague the 2nd tier over a decade ago.

Looking at the top 6, all of those teams play an exciting and attacking brand of football. WBA less so than the others (in my opinion), but still nothing near the Boro level.

Middlesbrough were very strong defensively at the start of the season-not sure what went wrong. Dael Fry is a young centre back with England youth caps-would he fit our style of play?

The reign of aging, outdated journeymen Managers, & Players, is over.

They have been left behind, both on & off the field, by younger models with new ideas.

Appears Brighton are after Potter from Swansea

"Swansea City have offered boss Graham Potter a new contract as they bid to fend off interest from Brighton.

The Seagulls have targeted Potter, 43, having sacked Chris Hughton on Monday.

But Swansea are desperate to keep their manager and hope an improved deal will convince him to stay even though he is odds-on favourite for the Brighton job."

Hughton in the championship is different to Hughton in the premier league. He plays good football when there is room for manoeuvre. I'd be be confident that he would get boro or west Brom up. Need to bin after though.

When Stuart Webber was interviewed he mentioned the standard of British Managers, about time these dinosaurs were put out to grass. Hopping from one desperate Club to another every few years, pays the bills,  yet for the Club and it's fans there's little progress. 

He'll be in another job soon. Another big pay day and another set of disillusioned and bored fans.