Sign in to follow this  
morty

Rivers

Does anyone actually know whats going on with the guy?? Has Worthy dropped him cause he''s crap/lazy/injured?? He was in the stand yesterday watching the game and appeared to be able to walk so what does that tell us?? We need one of those moles that fed us all that good information about Hucks to dish the dirt!!!! Just watched the game again on tape and it was just the same second time round but 3 points is all that matters, Christmas slump pah!!

Apparently Rivers is moving back to the North West his wife is from Congleton and she wants to move back to the north west I heard a rumour up here that Wigan were chasing him last month?

Rivers should be playing instead of the inexperienced Henderson.

At least it would give us more pace and at least Rivers is prepared to take on his man.

Rivers is a confidence player so i think that he deserves another chance he did after all score 4 goals early season for us.

If Worthy is''nt prepared to forgive or forget what he is supposed to have done wrong then i think that we should go back in for Harper.

I felt That Norwich fans want to see Mark Rivers return into first-term squad tomorrow when them play against Derby.
We know that Henderson was want to make rest. Because he do play all of his 15 game when Mark Rivers was be in injury and flu.
So he was fit and felt well.
As We want to see Mark Rivers to play, Because he has five goal this season.

Lets Mark Rivers to play tomorrow, please

I totally disagree that Rivers should be playing instead of Henderson. Rivers spends most of his time standing on the half way line watching Edworthy run past him. At the age of 18 I think Henderson has been marvellous and can only get better. In the forest game his cross for Svensson to score was first class and he was unlucky with his shot that just went by the post. You have to remember also that this young lad is being asked to play wide right when his preferred position is in the middle up front.

Rivers has had more than enough chances to pull his sleeves up and show how an experienced player should perform but alas he has not done so. None of Hendersons goals have come from penalties either.

Finally, Jarvis has got more chance of playing up front than Rivers.

think ure kind of forgetin that hendo set the goal up with a great cross,somethin rivers cant usually do, think it might be an idea to perhaps let him go out on loan, see if he can get any form back that me MIGHT have ??

Agree with Silver Fox. Although Rivers has got bags of ability and can certainly go past his man, when it comes to matches like yesterday when things aren´t going too well and City are being pinned back defending a lead, you need both outer midfielders tracking back, something Hendo does and Rivers doesn´t - and we all know what Worthy (quite rightly) thinks about that. It is simple, if Rivers decides hiimself to develop this side of his game, then he will get a game, it is as simple as that.

Agree entirely with Silver Fox. Havent been able to see recent games, hence lack of posts, but I thought Henderson was outstanding last night in an otherwise very limp performance. It wasnt just the cross for the goal, good though that was, but throughout the game he was the only city player to worry Forest. He isnt the finished article yet but he''s already well ahead of Rivers. At his age he''s bound to tire at some stage but even then I guess we''ll see Paul McVeigh on the right so, barring a major injury crisis, I dont imagine we''ll see Rivers again.

I''ll have to curb this growing tendency to agree with NW but whilst Hendo is producing performances like yesterdays then he''s 100% right to play him.

always thought rivers is played out of postion. at crewe he used to play up front. he really is an awful winger he just cant cross the ball. and he ant gonna play up front 4 us cause we have the best strike force in the division. so if we could get sum money 4 him we may as well cash in. as for the right hand side i think hendo is doing well but has a lot to learn so if we had the money i would like to see us bring back kevin harper

I have just read all the posts on this subject.

Sorry but I can''t remember the time when Rivers took on his man, I can remember each and every time when he got in a position to take on his man he would cross it too early from deep. Can anyone remeber him getting to the bye line and crossing it.

Hendo is definitely the best option for right side middle, but yes hes young, very young perhaps we need effective cover there, especia;;y if Rivers goes to Wigan, can''t see it possibly Stockport.

your reply is valid. everybody has their own opinions about who should be playing where.however lets not end up in the same situation as we did with danny mills where a player is excluded because of a personal dislike by the manager. player wise i think that maybe mcveigh left and rivers right would provide service for any strike force the manager chooses. maybe a day in a real job would shake rivers into action.

I don''t think hendo is strong enough or confident enough to play. yes he has scored a couple and gets in good positions, but he provides no outlet for Edworthy and even my missus could knock him off the ball.

He is going to be good, but give him a while, treat him like Jarvis, drip feed him in and urge him to skin a man.

I think we looked a lot better yesterday when Mcveigh went to right wing and Brennan on the left, keep that line up and we will get there, harder work rate and a bit more experience.

Man am I enjoying work today. When you work with Derby and Forest fans today is a good day to be at work.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!

Rivers record when I last looked was 2 assists in 18 months which for a winger simply isnt good enough. He can hardly hide behind his defensive duties can he?

As far as Hendo is concerned he has filled in well but he lacks the experience or physical ability to cope with another 20+ games this season. I have lost count of the number of times he has reached the half way line and the stopped to wait for Edworthy to overlap despite having another 20 yards to run into. The lad has the ability but seems to have sometihng (NW?) nagging at him to be restrained - he is at his best when he isnt. Without that energy he is a very average player.

Wide right remains our weakest spoke (unless super McVeigh can successfully switch flanks) and our best option remains Harper once he get fit. He has more assists than Rivers, more pace, will tackle (and hard) and has the strength that Hendo currently misses. He could be the last missing piece (I know after Hux this could be a bit greedy!) to cement a championship year..

Onwards & upwards...

I heard last week from the same bloke who told me Huckerby was actually going to sign that Rotherham were in for him. Seems like him and Worthy don''t get on so little point continuing to pay the wages. Personally I think he was a useful squad player.

I agree 100%. I have always doubted Rivers commitment to the cause.
Yes he has got pace and he can cross a ball but he only seems to want to stand on the halfway line and not come back.
If you compare the 500K we paid for him to the reported 750K for Huckerby where is the comparison?
Keep Hendo there and look for cover......maybe Harper?