Sign in to follow this  
eeyore

Pre Season Fixtures

As there has been no official announcement has anyone heard "through the grapevine " about the friendly games in the summer, specifically if the Club are touring Germany again ?

i ask because last season I wanted to buy a cheap budget airline flight to Germany for a couple of days to watch a game then fly back. Unfortunately the full details of the matches (timings, venue) were released by the Club so late that flights were too expensive to purchase.

I would really like to go this year if they are off to Germany again !

I've contacted the Club but as usual I didn't get any help whatsoever.

I know many fans who made the trip last year went over by car but as I will be travelling alone it's preferable for me to fly, but only if I have the time to purchase a cheap flight.

Someone mentioned a game at Dordrecht in early August, I think it was - had been in their match day programme...a google check brings it up, too.  Might well just be an u23 team match (for us?) though.

The binners are going to Germany this year. Perhaps a friendly against them - if there is such a thing. 🤪

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

The binners are going to Germany this year. Perhaps a friendly against them - if there is such a thing. 🤪

That does sound a good shout Lapps as we usually start with lower league opposition before coming back to the UK to play some better teams as the season gets nearer.

I like the idea of an Ipswich game in Germany albeit very unlikely.

NCFC are now in the Premier League section on the Sky Sports website for pre season Premier League team fixtures, unfortunately under our team it only shows TBA so still no info yet.

On 16/05/2019 at 19:03, TIL 1010 said:

That does sound a good shout Lapps as we usually start with lower league opposition before coming back to the UK to play some better teams as the season gets nearer.

However those games are usually played at the lower league clubs grounds, as in part, a way to support those clubs financially - so I cannot see how playing the paupers in Germany would help.

Perhaps instead we could consider sending a City A squad down to poorman road to help raise a few quid for them.

We could take the Championship trophy with us, that might add a few more on the gate, as most will not have seen a real trophy in decades

• Haha 2

Given the sort of tactics that they used at CR, basically kicking anything that moved, I'm not sure that we need to start the season with 3 or 4 players on the treatment table. 

As has been mentioned, there's no such thing as a friendly against 1p5wich. 

I would think that clubs would be queueing up to play us-of the 8 sides that we played at the start of the season, 4 have been promoted already-Kings Lynn, Lincoln, Paderborn & Luton-while Charlton are in the League One play-off final and Union Berlin are in a play-off with Stuttgart to get promoted to the Bundesliga. That could leave Crawley Town-19th in League Two-and Wolfsburg, who are already in the Bundesliga, as the two teams we played in pre-season who have not been promoted this season.

• Like 1

Now that Germany has finally been officially announced I really dont understand why City cannot advise fans of the venues ?

Its the same as last year, we just got "drip fed" information, then it's too late for fans like me to buy a cheap flight to watch a game or two.

Other teams in the Premier League, and I'm not thinking of the supposed "bigger teams" seem to have no issue releasing the"full" details of their club tours.

Maybe because there is no money in it for the Club there is no incentive ?

On 19/05/2019 at 18:50, Mr Angry said:

I would think that clubs would be queueing up to play us-of the 8 sides that we played at the start of the season, 4 have been promoted already-Kings Lynn, Lincoln, Paderborn & Luton-while Charlton are in the League One play-off final and Union Berlin are in a play-off with Stuttgart to get promoted to the Bundesliga. That could leave Crawley Town-19th in League Two-and Wolfsburg, who are already in the Bundesliga, as the two teams we played in pre-season who have not been promoted this season.

So, Charlton beat Sunderland and Union Berlin beat Stuttgart, which means that of the 8 teams we played in pre-season, 6 won promotion-that’s a bit of a coincidence.