Sign in to follow this  
carpio

Transfer stories in the press

Right, so this is what will happen. Ashton to Ipswich in exchange for their tea lady (Roy waller complained about his half time cuppa on saturday). Greeno will go to Essex CC . and then go on to play as wicket Keeper for England. Flem will go of to train as old Father Time, Saffri will return to his homeland and be crowned King.The ginger Pele will go to The theatre Royal and be used in next year''s panto as the bean stalk. Or will it be WLY as one of the seven dwarfs? Hucks will become an olympic sprinter . Right that has got rid of a few, and what I have come up with makes about as much sense as some of the stories going around about Dean Ashton!  Please please keep a sense of  perspective. Ashton has not been here anytime at all so why has so many people given up on the lad?

i dont know. Its just the other day he said he is focussed on norwich until january. Which gives a huge impression he wants to go, especially as all players who talk about their premiership ambitions seem to move on.

one thing that has lead me to believe he will be going is that worthington said that if and only when a substansial bid is on the table, BUSINESS WILL BE DONE. that doesn''t really give me alot of confidence. but i am certain if he leaves, the amount will be right for us. even though it will be a huge loss to lose him after only 1 year. seems such a shame really. one real quality player we''ve had in some time, i hope we can just see him for atleast another 6 months in a norwich shirt.

I really hope I am being pessimistic here because I desperately want him to stay but I can''t help thinking that his performance on Saturday suggested he had a large weight taken off his shoulders and following his and NWs statements last week I fear that the weight off his shoulders was that he has had a chat with the management team and they have agreed to sell him to a team (Man City ??) closer to his home.

I do hope I am wrong.

Mark .Y.

Worthy''s comments remind me of those by Robert Chase a few years ago in relation to Chris Sutton.

Chase put an incredible £5million on Sutton''s head (incredible in those days) - believing no-one would come sniffing around.

A few days later Sutton was on his way to Blackburn when Kenny Dalglish slapped the £5m on the table!