Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Today's verdict- Don't be fooled!

Firstly, hello! Newcomer here.

Right then, by far the best this term, much better! Nice to see returning to the way the good old city used to play back in the days of 5-0 thrasings at home to Walsall!

But, I am afraid to see this is a harsh joke being played on us by the inconsistant players. Get ready to see us back in full swing of rubbish performances over the coming weeks. Unfortunatly, we have seen this all before. A good win, fans full of confidence, and then; a rubbish performace and another defeat. All we have succeded in today is ensuring Worthy''s job for another few weeks.

Again it was a game of two halfs - the first was a disappointing affair from two disappointing side offering little going forward or in midfield as the defences held sway.

The second half was a far different affair as Soton disintergrated in a fashion that is very familiar to city fans and norwich comfortably controlled midfield.  Ashton and McVeigh again sparkled and we deservedly won with the best 45 mins of the season.

However it was an inconsistent performance; play like the second half for 70 mins a game and we are getting there - we have seen far too much of the first halfs already this season.

A goal from open play is next on the agenda...

Well played lads.

Another Zipper view I fully agree with. I thought we were very poor to start off with, but did well to battle back into the game and at half time I thought 1-1 was about right.

I don''t understand where or how that second half came from. Niemei was heroic in the goal and we looked fluid and confident. A different side from the first half and for almost the entirety of this season (and much of the last).

Was this a Nigel Worthington half time talk? Was it "just one of those things" for normal service to be resumed on Boxing Day? Was it a corner being turned? Or was it that Southampton looked woeful, inept, slow and devoid of inspiration? Time will tell.

For the first time in ages, I am starting to read the football pages again!!