Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Every club's true standing over past 50 years revealed

Putting aside rivalry, it is interesting that both East Anglian clubs are so high on that list, above some of the big or biggish clubs from the heartlands of the game, such as Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves, Birmingham City, Sunderland, West Brom and Forest.

Not that one would dream of making a point about it, but for 46 per cent of those 50 years that have produced such a high position the owners of the club have been Smith and Jones.๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

Your belief is correct swindon. Just doing some fag packet maths and we will overtake them next year. At best their 50 year average will be 22.44 (if they win L1) at worst ours will be 21.94 (if we finish bottom of the PL)

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Putting aside rivalry, it is interesting that both East Anglian clubs are so high on that list, above some of the big or biggish clubs from the heartlands of the game, such as Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves, Birmingham City, Sunderland, West Brom and Forest.

Not that one would dream of making a point about it, but for 46 per cent of those 50 years that have produced such a high position the owners of the club have been Smith and Jones.๐Ÿ˜

That hasn't stopped people wishing we had owners that those clubs we are above have had....

There is a good bit on their thread, where someone asks if we've ever known what it's like to lift a trophy. Which is funny as most of them wont of even been born when a they won stuff whereas at least we've been lifting the trophies we can reasonably compete for and have actually seen it๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคช๐Ÿบ

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

There is a good bit on their thread, where someone asks if we've ever known what it's like to lift a trophy.ย 

I think they were so excited to beat Leeds they missed we lifted one just a few days ago.

I understand they're saving up for another statue. Outside, the place is already like a museum. Perhaps they could hang a few paintings inside.That's what's important to them. They don't understand that football is about now. I treasure our history but that's for my memories. Match day is all about now. I'll be quite happy if we remain statueless forever.

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

I read a blog on there a few days ago that stated that, since their Promotion to the Premiership in 2000, only 2 other Clubs have achieved/won less.ย 

If you look at Cups and or Promotions 89 Teams have some claim over the last 19 years.ย 

I'll leave it to the statos to workย  out the other 2.

Interesting that they go back just far enough to include their glory years. ๐Ÿคฎ

5 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I read a blog on there a few days ago that stated that, since their Promotion to the Premiership in 2000, only 2 other Clubs have achieved/won less.ย 

If you look at Cups and or Promotions 89 Teams have some claim over the last 19 years.ย 

I'll leave it to the statos to workย  out the other 2.

Interesting that they go back just far enough to include their glory years. ๐Ÿคฎ

I'll take two punts off the top of my head: Everton and Oldham.ย 

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'll take two punts off the top of my head: Everton and Oldham.ย 

Nailed it. ๐Ÿ‘

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Just made a thread about this being posted on TWTD...

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/458784/top-50-league-clubs-over-the-last-50-years/#1

...they are so very desperate.

Hahahhaha. Just 1/3 of a position between us and it includes their 'glory' years too - that is straw-clutching.

Theyย can slide this timeframe backwards and forwards as much as they please, the only table worth counting is this one...

image.thumb.png.329a3b9a7798a9646fe6f315bd175e06.png

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

So Webber and Farke's mission to make us one of the top 25 teams in the country is well...erm complete.

ย 

That's rather underwhelming.