Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Premier League 2018/19......how the millions were divvied up

For some reason the text went AWOL....

Each club receives about £12.5m guaranteed then about £1.18m per game above ten TV games.

Bottom club gets about £2m then each team same again per position above them.

Equal share for each club - £79.4m - for domestic TV income, overseas TV income and central commercial income.

So even the hopeless Huddersfield got £93.6m. I'd like to think we can do a bit better than that.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Liverpool earnt more than Man C, even though they were 1 place below them.
Newcastle earnt £6m more than the two clubs immediately above them.

Go figure !

36 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Liverpool earnt more than Man C, even though they were 1 place below them.
Newcastle earnt £6m more than the two clubs immediately above them.

Go figure !

Newcastle are a Big Club, this is all about the brand, if Leeds or Villa are promoted, they will be on TV more than us or Blades. 

I can see a time when the Premiership will close the door on the Football League. Dumping the likes of Bournemouth or Huddersfield and Blackpool in recent years. 

To be replaced by Sunderland, Wednesday, Derby, Leeds and Villa, unfortunately the Premiership is all about money, meaning Big Clubs in the Big Cities. 

The rest are struggling to survive. 

8 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

For some reason the text went AWOL....

Each club receives about £12.5m guaranteed then about £1.18m per game above ten TV games.

Bottom club gets about £2m then each team same again per position above them.

Equal share for each club - £79.4m - for domestic TV income, overseas TV income and central commercial income.

So even the hopeless Huddersfield got £93.6m. I'd like to think we can do a bit better than that.

A new tv deal starts from next season so the equal share, merit money and TV game money will all increase. There will be about an extra £1bn in the pot at the start of the season  

Even though Southampton, Huddersfield and Bournemouth had less than 10 games on TV, they received 10 games worth of money, £12.3, as that is the guaranteed minimum. 

Huddersfield will receive over £90m in parachute payments over the next three seasons, Cardiff and Fulham will both get over £70m spilt over then next two seasons. 

Looking at the tv column that table (& with regard to fan base & likely part of the table we’ll occupy) I think we would be in the 8-10 games category next season