Sign in to follow this  
Beno27

Whats changed so much??

So 2 good wins and suddenly everyones back on worthys side. The evening news poll has been turned on its head and the WOs seem quiet. Dont get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the win on Saturday, a great performance, and i hope it continues at least long enough to convince Deano that the club has a future. But my opinions on Worthy have not changed! It took more than 2 defeats to hear people wanting him out, it should take more than 2 wins to convince us hes good enough. He should not have changed anyones mind yet, but he should be 2 wins closer to changing every WOs mind.

I dont think he should be our manager, but I can be wrong.

I also agree, I remain very sceptical that NW has the tactical nous to ever be a top manager - decent hard-working and honest bloke, yes - top manager, no.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Beno27"]

So 2 good wins and suddenly everyones back on worthys side. The evening news poll has been turned on its head and the WOs seem quiet. Dont get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the win on Saturday, a great performance, and i hope it continues at least long enough to convince Deano that the club has a future. But my opinions on Worthy have not changed! It took more than 2 defeats to hear people wanting him out, it should take more than 2 wins to convince us hes good enough. He should not have changed anyones mind yet, but he should be 2 wins closer to changing every WOs mind.

I dont think he should be our manager, but I can be wrong.

[/quote]

I think that what''s changed is that the team has started to play somewhere near its potential. ''Arry Bassett said that we played like a Premiership side, which means that we played better than we played for most of last season. What hasn''t changed is the question - "why don''t we normally play to our (IMO undoubted) potential?". That''s the really tough question that has to be answered by those in control - players, coaches and management.

What good results should do is silence the more inane sniping that''s been going on on this board, which would be nice. But, just as I didn''t succumb to the widespread depression two weeks ago, and argued against it, I''m not euphoric now. But maybe us fans can get back to doing our job - supporting our team.