Sign in to follow this  
Tired

Kit nerds assemble

As clubs are beginning to reveal their kits for next season, what would you like our kits to look like this time and what are your favourite Norwich kits from past seasons?

This was my favourite Home shirt of recent years and I'd love to see something simple like that return (ideally without the LeoVegas logo plastered over it).
norwich-city-16-17-kit+%25282%2529.jpg

I thought the home kit this year was unbelievably good, and quite liked the away kit too (not so much the 3rd kit though)

I think they nailed the home shirt this year - just change to a V neck or collar - or better still use the same kit again.

For plain shirts, the first PL season back under Lambert was great, but all time favorite has to be the egg and cress. 

Sh2.jpg

Edited by Surfer

This year's home kit was great and I even liked the 'Barcelona' style 3rd kit.

How about an away kit based on the France 2018 away kit; white with little yellow and green flecks in it. Or I rather like the Lazio one with the eagle, but with a canary instead obviously 🙂

Edited by Peanuts

This season's was good apart from the LeoVegas logo, but I'm also a massive fan of the 'Canary Droppings' shirt from image 3 and would love to see it back in the Prem again.

Good shout, these are my next three favorites. Close call for the best "plain shirt" I guess I must have a preference for V necks looking at all these choices. BTW one of the reasons why this year's kit is so good is they nailed the yellow - its bright, saturated and very definitely us. On the egg and cress kit the socks were just wrong.

Favorite Kits 2.jpg

Edited by Surfer

And my least favorite kits.... 

Pony - you can't drop one of our primary colors!  " ..'s yellow and yellow army"?

Xara - Apparently we wanted to be just like Wolves. Bring back black shorts. 

Erra. From a classic first season back in PL shirt to that? Maybe biased by memories of RVW and Chris Houghton. 

LEast Favorite Kits.jpg

I don't know why but I've bought more away shirts over the years, I sometimes think they've run out of ideas for the home shirt and then find I quite like them a couple of years later. 

On 11/05/2019 at 21:23, Tired said:

As clubs are beginning to reveal their kits for next season, what would you like our kits to look like this time and what are your favourite Norwich kits from past seasons?

This was my favourite Home shirt of recent years and I'd love to see something simple like that return (ideally without the LeoVegas logo plastered over it).
norwich-city-16-17-kit+%25282%2529.jpg

I agree about not having the Leo Vegas logo on the front. I am really against betting companies and don't want to walk about advertising them. Shame (as many football clubs) we have a shirt sponsor of a gambling Co. 

A tip for you, my wife put the shirt in the wash at a higher temperature and it did not shrink but the  Leo Vegas logo had come off !

I liked the one with the 'Norwich Union' logo on the chest.....Oh, and also the blue shirt with 'Lotus' on the chest......

(Local Identity)......

On 13/05/2019 at 16:03, Surfer said:

Good shout, these are my next three favorites. Close call for the best "plain shirt" I guess I must have a preference for V necks looking at all these choices. BTW one of the reasons why this year's kit is so good is they nailed the yellow - its bright, saturated and very definitely us. On the egg and cress kit the socks were just wrong.

Favorite Kits 2.jpg

The Asics one was my first ever NCFC shirt. I did really like the half and half shirt (shame mine has Redmond on the back) but I agree that a bright yellow is a must for next season

On 14/05/2019 at 17:37, SwindonCanary said:

As long as it's grass green shorts and Canary yellow shirts they can play around with it.

Interesting point....we've had several shades of yellow down the years but I wonder which of our kits has resembled the colour of 'canary yellow' the cloest?

It depends if we're talking about a real canary or our cub badge ... the current shirt is pretty much spot on when compared to the latter - the halved shirt is closer to this canary picture. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 07.41.04.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 07.43.47.jpg

I just want the club to release shirts it realistic sizes......this has been noted with the last few seasons, but nothing has been done about it yet. 

I buy 2XL t-shirts and there is no way a 2XL replica shirt will fit

5 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

I just want the club to release shirts it realistic sizes......this has been noted with the last few seasons, but nothing has been done about it yet. 

Ever thought of going on a diet ?

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ever thought of going on a diet ?

Ever thought that sizing should be sensible and not way off, rather than making snide remarks about someone that you've probably never even met???

Imagine if you bought a medium size but when you tried to put it on, it was the equivalent of an extra small in other clothing brands, should everyone tell YOU to go on a diet?, or would you expect people to understand that there was clearly a sizing problem and try to get this info back to the club for future shirt production?

Funny how society apparently won't stand for racist abuse, religious abuse, disability abuse, gender abuse and homophobia and numerous other similar issues, but mention someone is carrying a few extra pounds, and people feel entitled to make fat jokes and spew weight-related abuse around...pretty sad really...

Haven't we had pretty much the same shade of yellow bar for the (awful) Colmans kits and the Xara ones? With Xara we had a sort of yellow-gold thing going on, until they finally got it right with the last kit they did for us, in 2010-11:

image.png.b4dcf7695373e35ac3dcd2378d25d727.png

5 hours ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

I think it's probably because Errea are an Italian brand. I take S (or even XS) in the UK but M in Italy.