Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Congratulations Kings Lynn

I wonder if anyone at TWTD has noticed this and made the connection.

Great news for local football and Lynn will be playing the likes of former, long term League clubs in Chester, York City, Darlington, Southport, Hereford & Aldershot next season.

Fair play to them 👍

That little list puts into perspective how high Lynn are climbing - but also how far the (slightly) mighty are fallen.

Further stabilisation or ascent gets increasingly tricky at this level, with only 2 promotion spots, but 4 relegation places due to the geographical split below. Compounding the usual challenges of a step up.

Will follow the next part of their story with interest  

Sorry to display my ignorance, but how many additional promotions would they require to enter League 2?

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Of course they were only demoted because of their ground. Strange about ground standards when some clubs in L1 only hold 3500.

I don't think it was the size; I think it was the facilities. Things like floodlights and turnstiles ring a bell.

Good to see them back, though. Hopefully this time they can hang around. They have a big catchment area for non-league standards so should get good attendances for the level, and with a bit of investment to attract players there's no reason why they can't go higher.

With close proximity to the club, and players being able to continue to train with the club would be great to see a link up with them to send a few of our youth players to get first team exposure at a decent competitive level.

Having played gigs at Kings Lynn's Blue and Gold Club (which is the 'pub' bit at their ground) I can safely assume that the rest of the stadium must be rather shabby!

Admittedly, this was a while back, but I'm not sure they've done anything to improve it!

Thousands need to be spent on the ground and dressing rooms  and cannot see that happening, gates will never exceed 1000 unless they are winning regularly which is not going to happen