Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Tyrone Mings. Yes or No

16 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

When Pukki scored our third against  (Sh)ITFC we were lucky that he wasn't injured by their defender who clearly jumps on him. Maybe that's how they're coached in Suffolk. 

I think that was Knudsen, I did wonder at the time what he was trying to do.  He was clearly too late to make a meaningful challenge. Makes you think. 

If the price and wages were right, and he was deemed a good fit personality wise I dont see why not. But at the end of the day I dont consider him better than Jamal, and whether or not he's better than the German we signed in January and have not seen is an unknown (whats his name? I legitimately can't remember.)

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I know someone who refitted Mings’ carpets in Birmingham after his dog kept ****ting on them. Couldn’t have been more positive about him - apparently does a lot of charity stuff too. He is a Villa fan and absolutely thinks it was accidental - to my dismay.

I just think sometimes people change on the football pitch. I have known several people who are as nice as you like in general but complete helmets when they are playing football.

I’ve watched the incident back so many times and I’m 100% convinced that he intended to step on Oliveira in that split second. It’s Mings’ momentum that puts Oliveira to the floor - he knows he’s on the ground, he knows roughly where he’s fallen, yet instead of hopping or hitting the deck too he choose to press all his weight on that foot.

Similar coming togethers happen in every single match - you watch what the players do in those scenarios Bethnal and ask why he couldn’t have done the same.

This.

It appears the main reason for the objections are his connections to that lot down the road and his apparent penchant for stamping on people's heads.

But aside from those things, I heard a few stories about him when he was at Ipswich that say he is actually one football's good guys.

Could he do a job here? Probably. He's tall, quick and solid defensively, so I think he'd be an upgrade on Hanley. If the price was right I certainly wouldn't say no. 

29 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This.

It appears the main reason for the objections are his connections to that lot down the road and his apparent penchant for stamping on people's heads.

But aside from those things, I heard a few stories about him when he was at Ipswich that say he is actually one football's good guys.

Could he do a job here? Probably. He's tall, quick and solid defensively, so I think he'd be an upgrade on Hanley. If the price was right I certainly wouldn't say no. 

? I didn’t read it as Hank was saying yes to Mings. Just very much that he’s a nice guy off the pitch and a complete t*** on it. If that’s the case then it’s a definite no. We don’t need a thug on the pitch that can’t control himself. The ramifications for himself and for the club as a whole would be detrimental to everyone else working their socks off to keep us in the PL.

You simply can’t put aside his behaviour on the pitch as he’d be representing the club both on and off. 

11 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

? I didn’t read it as Hank was saying yes to Mings. Just very much that he’s a nice guy off the pitch and a complete t*** on it. If that’s the case then it’s a definite no. We don’t need a thug on the pitch that can’t control himself. The ramifications for himself and for the club as a whole would be detrimental to everyone else working their socks off to keep us in the PL.

You simply can’t put aside his behaviour on the pitch as he’d be representing the club both on and off. 

I didn't read it as that either. Hank was, in fact, saying no.

He did clearly state though that some players are lovely guys off the pitch (no ego, great in the dressing room, good with the fans, charity work etc.) but complete bastards on it; giving his opinions on why Mings is a ****.

I think that's the case with Mings, judging by what I've seen and read about him. He's a good guy off the pitch but an animal on it. Would I be opposed to having someone like that in the team? No, I wouldn't. Those sort of players are generally winners, and will get the job done for their team by any means necessary. The epitome of this at the moment in world football would be Sergio Ramos.

Let's not forget that every opponent hated Grant Holt when he was here, because whilst he wasn't violent like Mings, he used every trick in the book to gain an advantage.

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I didn't read it as that either. Hank was, in fact, saying no.

He did clearly state though that some players are lovely guys off the pitch (no ego, great in the dressing room, good with the fans, charity work etc.) but complete bastards on it; giving his opinions on why Mings is a ****.

I think that's the case with Mings, judging by what I've seen and read about him. He's a good guy off the pitch but an animal on it. Would I be opposed to having someone like that in the team? No, I wouldn't. Those sort of players are generally winners, and will get the job done for their team by any means necessary. The epitome of this at the moment in world football would be Sergio Ramos.

Let's not forget that every opponent hated Grant Holt when he was here, because whilst he wasn't violent like Mings, he used every trick in the book to gain an advantage.

Holt was clever and very rarely suspended. On those 2 occasions, Mings was just stupid. One mad moment from Mings not only potentially ruins the game at the time but if he’s a regular then 3+ games of suspension. The focus the club would then get because of his actions would also be detrimental to the cause.

I fully agree he’s a decent player (not better than what we have though and therefore not worth the risk anyway) but what’s happened can’t be forgotten or ignored and I don’t want anyone with the possibility to deliberately hurt a player anywhere near our club.

Edited by Fiery Zac

9 hours ago, Redders Right Foot said:

If the price and wages were right, and he was deemed a good fit personality wise I dont see why not. But at the end of the day I dont consider him better than Jamal, and whether or not he's better than the German we signed in January and have not seen is an unknown (whats his name? I legitimately can't remember.)

Philip Hiese

15 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

There's a lot of football today. Has anyone unluckily accidenally stamped on someone's face yet...

I watched most of it, didnt see anyone do it.

many still think it was an accident though..(twice)

Give misunderstood Tyrone a break......He obviously thought Zlatan and Nelson were keen philatelists and was just helping them with their hobby.....

On 11/05/2019 at 16:53, Year of the tiger said:

He did applaud our fans last week at Villa

Oh in that case...

SIGN HIM UP! 😉