Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Tyrone Mings. Yes or No

Only a week in and I'm bored already. I'm just watching 2 teams who aren't as good as us in the play offs and my mind has wandered. Mings will be available quite cheap in the summer. Should we?

It might be money well spent just to annoy the neighbours 🤑

Think we can do better for the money but wouldn't be too disappointed. He's had a good season at Villa tbf and recovered well from that horror injury that screwed his Bournemouth career up.

I’d have him if the price is right.

He’s been excellent for Villa since moving there and his flexibility to play left back or centre back would be valuable. 

He was largely praised while at Ipswich for his good character in the squad and with fans and can see him fitting in well to the existing squad.

I still maintain that the stamp was an accident and could happen to any player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I still maintain that the stamp was an accident and could happen to any player

Absolute nonsense.

Watch either of the those ‘accidents’ again, he could have easily landed away from either players head. It was harder to land on their heads if anything.

A talented player no doubt but irrelevant when considering two disgraceful incidents. No

Can be a good defender, but has a VERY reckless streak in him and it's arguable if either of the stamping incidents were accidents.

Let's also not forget that the one on Ibrahimovic came straight after a flying tackle which completely wiped Rooney out as well...

It's a no from me tbh.

We couldn't afford him anyway, but wouldn't want him. Good player but wouldn't fit.

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Lol. 

I can't stand the dirty little pr*ck but he is decent and it'd rile the Ipswich lot something fierce so it's a maybe from me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

I’m with Til on this one. We’re not that desperate.

7 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’d have him if the price is right.

He’s been excellent for Villa since moving there and his flexibility to play left back or centre back would be valuable. 

He was largely praised while at Ipswich for his good character in the squad and with fans and can see him fitting in well to the existing squad.

Really strange that you're pretty cynical about footballers unless it's those you like.

You maintain it could happen to any player. There's a lot of pro players about, so it should be fairly straightforward to list any "accidental" stamps you have heard about in the last few years that caused significant facial damage; let alone two caused by the same player.

Just now, Ian said:

Really strange that you're pretty cynical about footballers unless it's those you like.

You maintain it could happen to any player. There's a lot of pro players about, so it should be fairly straightforward to list any "accidental" stamps you have heard about in the last few years that caused significant facial damage; let alone two caused by the same player.

PS. **** no, not a chance in hell

I'd take him all day long  😱

As long as he's on a free, and signs a zero hours contract.

He's been playing as a sweeper for Villa since he arrived, maybe we could give him a broom. 

It's a no from me. 

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Wouldn’t say I’m cynical about footballers or that Mings is one I particularly like. 

There was a similar incident with a player being ‘stamped’ in face with Lukaku on Koscienly just the week before the Mings and Nelson one. 

It was discussed widely at the time and I’m not interested in opening that debate up again. No one knows whether it was intentional or accidental. In my view it looked accidental but if you watch it in slow-mo it looks more intentional. But then everything looks intentional when viewed in slow-mo. Which is part of the problem with VAR. 

Even at full speed the incident looks very suspect - and his stamp on Imbramovich even more intentional, so I think his good character is definitely a question.  As for Lukaku, he was just putting his foot out to keep his balance and caught his tackler a glancing blow.

Definitely would not want him anywhere near our club.

I know someone who refitted Mings’ carpets in Birmingham after his dog kept ****ting on them. Couldn’t have been more positive about him - apparently does a lot of charity stuff too. He is a Villa fan and absolutely thinks it was accidental - to my dismay.

I just think sometimes people change on the football pitch. I have known several people who are as nice as you like in general but complete helmets when they are playing football.

I’ve watched the incident back so many times and I’m 100% convinced that he intended to step on Oliveira in that split second. It’s Mings’ momentum that puts Oliveira to the floor - he knows he’s on the ground, he knows roughly where he’s fallen, yet instead of hopping or hitting the deck too he choose to press all his weight on that foot.

Similar coming togethers happen in every single match - you watch what the players do in those scenarios Bethnal and ask why he couldn’t have done the same.

• Like 1