KiwiScot

Playoff Watch - All Leagues

I think Villa just about deserved that, major overhaul needed for West Brom next year. 

3 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Why have the baggies sent 4 defenders up for the penalties? Do they not have any strikers on the pitch?

They took most of them off. The red card made them defend to get lucky at penalties basically, but they took their forwards off to do it.

West Brom really have paid for their lack of discipline in the last few games.

Robson-Kanu and Gayle would have been important options in the second leg and probably penalty takers. WBA were well in control of the second leg before Brunts silly tackle and most viewers would have backed them to win without him going.

• Like 1

I have to say, I just don't want Leeds going up... I think Villa deserve to be in the Play-off final . West Brom have some work to do in the Summer

10 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Leeds fans on the BBC feed saying they are glad its gone to extra time so they will be up against tired legs in the final. The Final being in two weeks. Ehh.

Also forgetting they're not in the final yet ! :classic_laugh:

1 minute ago, It's Character Forming said:

Also forgetting they're not in the final yet ! :classic_laugh:

Come on ICF, that's a given.

They are reigning Champions of Europe and won this League in August.

How can they possibly fail?

Again.

• Haha 1

Plenty of effort, guts and drama. Enjoyable too to be fair but looking at the four teams in the playoffs and the way we have played this season there is just no comparison. We're in a different league :classic_biggrin:

Enjoyed watching it as an unconcerned neutral.  Everything Villa do goes through McGinn and Grealish - technically a good player, but really annoying too.  West Brom's poor discipline in both legs has cost them.  Thought Murphy did ok for them until he was taken off - should've scored when he intercepted a goal kick and had a free run on goal. 

Some selective memory loss from Dean Smith though: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48182254: "I couldn't believe we'd lost the game. That's our first defeat since losing at Brentford in February."

Err, I don't think so...!

14 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Another save by Steer!!!

Who sold him???

I'm probably 100% wrong on both accounts here. But didnt he leave to follow Lambert? I think his transfer went to tribunal.

My second thought is, wasnt he the penalty hero in our 2012/2013 Carling Cup victor vs Spurs

Just now, Redders Right Foot said:

I'm probably 100% wrong on both accounts here. But didnt he leave to follow Lambert? I think his transfer went to tribunal.

My second thought is, wasnt he the penalty hero in our 2012/2013 Carling Cup victor vs Spurs

Actually think it was Rudd. Nevermind

Yes, Bamford falls over his own legs and ref gives a free kick and yellow - good job he didn't pull out the red card though. Derby look up for this...

Edited by Surfer

Leeds win tonight is the best result, followed by them losing on penalties in the final. Perfect end to the season.